Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Rescore:Replies from Adcom

Guest mdhopefully

Guest mdhopefully

I'v been buzzing around about getting my mcat rescored and I emailed the universities I applied to and most of them were not sure how to deal with the rescoring. This brings me to the point that even if there is a grade change this round of admissions they may or may not take it into consideration if the interview has been completed/granted. So I know this doesnt really help me or anyone else, but it might be a good idea for those who are getting a rescore to email the adcoms and ask them. I have a few schools that are still going to get back to me because they thought it was a vaild question and are reviewing there policies on rescores and how late is too late.

I have a question too, has anyone had their WS rescored and it dropped?

Mdhopefully

I have a question too, has anyone had their WS rescored and it dropped?

Mdhopefully

Hi there,

I know some folks who have had their essays rescored and the scores either increased or remained the same. That being said though, this is a relatively small sample size, and the MCAT folks do note that scores may increase or decrease, so I'd tend to believe them.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

I e-mailed most of the schools I applied to about my rescore and they were pretty prompt in replying. They pretty much said we'll deal with it once you get your scores back (except for UBC who doesn't consider MCAT until after the interview). Anyways, my scores didn't change, I e-mailed most of the schools back and one told me that my file would be closed.

I remember reading in the AAMC material that rescoring of multiple choice sections are quite fast (within weeks), but scoring of the WS takes significantly longer (within months). I don't remember exactly which document this was - perhaps you could look through the standard AAMC material to find out.

Archived