Premed 101 Forums

sitting all day ...

I know completely...

I live in residence and the chair that is provided in my room is terrible. I have been seriously considering getting one of those huge leather chairs the "gamers" sit in, but tough to justify the 200 bucks.

Managed not to develop a back problem though...

UBCGuy

i also have extremely bad posture. i sit in this strange position like i'm meditating, except im sitting on my lower back, rather than my butt sometimes. may be tolerable now...but i can sense what's coming 20 years from now.

LOL! I always push my swivel chair super-low so my back is almost completely straight.

My residence came with a nice leather chair last year. I am assuming someone bought it and just left it there. It was awesome and really nice for those long work sessions...I wish I had one this year :(

I vomited on my original dorm chair. Seriously. Lots of red wine + cheesecake + bunk bed = ruined chair.

Ewww...the only thing worse than that would be swallowing & choking on it while asleep.

Seriously, drinking is wrong...why would anyone put themselves through the consequences...I think alcohol is overrated...one sip in HS was enough to convince me I much prefer Coke:D...and I've never ever had an alcoholic drink since:cool:

Now see here!! There will be no alcohol bashing on MY watch!! :D

After our full day of seminars on Thursday, my colleagues and I have gotten into the habit of going down the street to a pub for a drink or two. After one particularily profound evening we decided that since drinking kills off brain cells we were in fact doing our tired grad student brains a favor - after a hard week of thinking, we were merely 'exfoliating' the exhausted organ... and now we refer to our weekly outing as 'brain-exfoliation'... :P

Now see here!! There will be no alcohol bashing on MY watch!! :D

After our full day of seminars on Thursday, my colleagues and I have gotten into the habit of going down the street to a pub for a drink or two. After one particularily profound evening we decided that since drinking kills off brain cells we were in fact doing our tired grad student brains a favor - after a hard week of thinking, we were merely 'exfoliating' the exhausted organ... and now we refer to our weekly outing as 'brain-exfoliation'... :P

I like that. I hope it catches on :P

After one particularily profound evening we decided that since drinking kills off brain cells we were in fact doing our tired grad student brains a favor - after a hard week of thinking, we were merely 'exfoliating' the exhausted organ... and now we refer to our weekly outing as 'brain-exfoliation'...

LOL!:D

I actually only got that drunk once....and I don't think it was just the alcohol (I had about 1.5 bottles of wine), but a sickening amount of cheesecake, followed by a dose of Xenical....the friend I drank with was severely obese, and she'd steal Xenical from her morbidly obese father, and when she said "Hey, do you want me to give you a pill that will let you not gain any weight from all this cheesecake" - like any red-blooded woman, I said "YES, YES, YES!!!!"

Oh boy.:cool: It also happened the night before parents' weekend. The incident rendered me hugely unpopular with my floor residents for about a week or so.:cool:

Ewww...the only thing worse than that would be swallowing & choking on it while asleep.

Seriously, drinking is wrong...why would anyone put themselves through the consequences...I think alcohol is overrated...one sip in HS was enough to convince me I much prefer Coke:D...and I've never ever had an alcoholic drink since:cool:

YES, coke rules!

Archived