Premed 101 Forums

what makes one an ottawa resident?

in other words, how long would i have to live in ottawa before being considered an ottawa resident for purposes of the lower gpa?

hhhmmm.. any suggestions??

just wondering.. b/c if it's only 2 yrs i might consider doing grad studies there...

thanks all! :)

chrail

• 2 weeks later...
in other words, how long would i have to live in ottawa before being considered an ottawa resident for purposes of the lower gpa?

hhhmmm.. any suggestions??

just wondering.. b/c if it's only 2 yrs i might consider doing grad studies there...

thanks all! :)

chrail

Might wanna drop the medical education office a line with your question!

what do you guys think of this? moving to another province to get in province status....does it usually work out for ppl? i know some ppl who moved to alberta --> for future shots at calgary and UofA.

just seems like, you move there with the EXPECTATION of getting into the medical school. and there are certainly no guarantees in the process.

what do you guys think of this? moving to another province to get in province status....does it usually work out for ppl? i know some ppl who moved to alberta --> for future shots at calgary and UofA.

just seems like, you move there with the EXPECTATION of getting into the medical school. and there are certainly no guarantees in the process.

I agree! It seems a little hardcore to pickup you life and move to a new province just to get into a certain school (without any guarantees) but desperate times call for desperate measures for some I suppose.

Well, if you want to go to a certain medical school, then going there for undergrad to get in-province is sort-of like that, not entirely though. Would I ever move just to gain in province status for a school? Maybe, if I was so passionate about that school that I felt I had to be there and nowhere else. It does seem weird to pick up your life and move just for that (especially for something as uncertain as med. admissions), however, it probably happens more often than we realize.

Archived