Premed 101 Forums

getting a second degree?

w...b

im currently going for my HBSc, but i also wanted to get a BA in Economics. I was wondering if/which medschools would look at this second degree, and how would this be weighted?

I tried the search button but i had 500+ results so i thought this would be easier.

basically i have two passions in my life, medicine and business. but business came to easy for me and i've already worked in a bank. worst time of my life. plus medicine i can help individuals directly, and i love human biological sciences.

thanks

w...b

Sure they'll look at your second degree. How it is weighted depends on the school, so just look up weightings for the schools you are interested in. Some schools, like MAC, will take all your undergrad courses and weight them all equally. Others, like Ottawa, will look at your 3 last years...so if you do a second degree it is your first degree that won`t get counted in the wGPA.

Wait.....if working in a bank was the worst time of your life, why would you wanna continue with Econ?

(former Econ major here)

well i was at the very bottom, the grunge worker. its wasnt all bad, just a bad job. im just saying it comes easy to me, and its the only other profession i see myself in.

Archived