Premed 101 Forums

Interview

jazzy_h2o

Hi,

So I received an interview from Michigan State yesturday. I just wanted to hear some advice from ppl who have been interviewed in the states (Madz?). Did they ask any questions about the US health care system. My plan is to get my ethical values clear in my head, read over my applications, and just be myself. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

hey jazzy,

congrats on the interview!!! that's awesome! :)

my interview experiences in the states were really really great. way better than anything in canada. they were extremely relaxed and literally, just wanted to get to know me. i was asked one ethical question out of all 3 of my US interviews. one school also asked me what is good/bad about the canadian and US healthcare systems. one question that came up a lot was why did i wanna study medicine in the US so make sure you have a good answer to that one! other than that...it was really more like a conversation. i was asked what my favourite colour is, my favourite movie...if i could cook! as well as the standard questions: why medicine, tell me about "X" activity etc...

don't be afraid if your interviews are really short. a few of mine were under 15 minutes. i remember one where the interviewer asked me only 3 questions which took all about 5 minutes and then he proceeded to give me a tour of the research facility. the interview AND the tour was done in 15 minutes lol. at first i freaked out ofcourse but then i thought, why would he waste time giving me a tour if he didn't like me??? on the flip side, one of my interviews went for 1.5 hrs. my point is, length of interview means nothing!

if you haven't been here already, i suggest you take a look: http://www.studentdoctor.net/interview/interview_read.asp

if you have any additional/specific questions im happy to help. other than that...read about US healthcare, know your application well, be yourself, practice, have fun, and good luck!

Hi,

So I received an interview from Michigan State yesturday. I just wanted to hear some advice from ppl who have been interviewed in the states (Madz?). Did they ask any questions about the US health care system. My plan is to get my ethical values clear in my head, read over my applications, and just be myself. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

wow congrates on the interview. MSU rarely interviews canadians. you must have some killer stats, and i bet more interviews will follow.

madz advice is pretty good...follow that and you will be fine. all my interviews were conversational.

cheers and go wolverines. hehe

Archived