Premed 101 Forums

Studying for exams... is there any point?

edge_w

So all my applications are done and sent in... and here I am in the period of the year where I'm usually ridiculously stressed out for exams...

But if I understand correctly, my GPA no longer matters... so I'm having trouble motivating myself to study.....

Anyone in the same boat? I recall a similar feeling in the last semester of high school....

But if I understand correctly, my GPA no longer matters... so I'm having trouble motivating myself to study.....

Anyone in the same boat? I recall a similar feeling in the last semester of high school....

There's always a possibility that one might not be accepted into medicine in this round of application.

Therefore, if I were in your situation, I would study as per usual; just in case that I don't get in this year and I need my current marks to apply for the 2008 cycle...

Just my opinion though! And PLEASE do not take this as a curse!

Good luck to you!

I feel exactly that way. I have no motivation to study whatsoever. By this time during any other year, I would be working hard, studying hard, worried that I might not get that A. Right now, I'm kinda like...hmm, I don't know anything. Maybe it's "senioritis" as flying kumquat says or maybe I'm just getting burnt out after all these years...

I think most schools look at your last year's marks....I can't recall which ones, but I remember some saying that you need to have 3.0 or more in that last year/semester, or else your offer of admission will be revoked. Granted, sometimes it IS possible to get 3.0+ without going balls to the wall with studying, if the courses are fairly easy (but how likely is this in your senior year?) and you've been keeping up with the material. However, as others said - what if you don't get in during this cycle? Then you'll be cursing yourself for not working on your GPA as hard as you could've when you apply next year.

going balls to the wall with studying,

i likes. nice ;)

but for sure, just study this last semester. just tell yourself that you wanta go out fighting or some other lame inspiration.

dont go out on a sour note, finish it with a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbang! and ya, i'm in the same boat-- i actually worked out my last year so that i only do have two classes plus honours project since i knew i wouldnt want to study sh!t. :D

i likes. nice ;)

but for sure, just study this last semester. just tell yourself that you wanta go out fighting or some other lame inspiration.

dont go out on a sour note, finish it with a bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbang! and ya, i'm in the same boat-- i actually worked out my last year so that i only do have two classes plus honours project since i knew i wouldnt want to study sh!t. :D

wow good plan. i am going crazy with 5 classes and honours! its insane... i hope it will be better next semester (4 classes and honours)

Archived