Premed 101 Forums

Computerized MCAT

FunkyPants

It occured to me that now people will be typing there essays!! My wpm typing speed is good but I wonder about ppl who can't type fast... Also if this will change the way they are marked because no longer do they have to read lots of different types of handwritting... everyone will be standard.

Another thing is that certain american schools will not use the grade from this Jan MCAT (i think... thats what the website said) But it didn't say anything about canadian schools. The test is standardized so it could be a good thing for writers or a bad thing .

My plan is to write in April in Edmonton. still looking for a practice copy off the MCAT (don't really have the money to shell out $200 to the AMAC?)

I don't know if AAMC offers an online sample of how the computerized features will work, but I'm most worried about verbal. I'm one of those people who underlines, circles, makes arrows etc. If I have to find the "circle" function or "highlight" tool, time would be wasted. I think there are fewer passages, and I hope this compensates for the added computer time.

my school is doing a mock cbt mcat (they do it through TPR or Kaplan, I don't remember) and it is free. I actually decided to sign up for it (even though I wasn't so keen on doing it), kept on passing the table in the student centre (going from class to class), and I was like. 'Fine, I'll sign up'

So yea. Dec. 20th I'll write it.. and I'll tell you guys what I think about it = P

Dec 20th? Holy poo! I think most of us will have written the real thing by then.:P

I wonder if any mock MCAT will be happening at my school this semester, I'd be interested to know where I stand. lmao, I'm pretty sure I'd do miserably with no practice haha.

I've slowly started to review physics, and it's actually making sense... the kaplan book is good, I must say.

Archived