Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Jan 27 Toronto

.allan.

Hey everybody.

I'm writing the MCAT next Saturday (Jan. 27th) and am registered in Toronto.

I am currently signed up to write at Thompson Prometric (are they all done through Thompson? - I 'm not sure) at 425 Bloor St. WEST - I've checked the aamc website, and this is still the address they are showing me registered at.

However, awhile ago I happened to be at my parents' house (whose number they have) and got a slightly odd recorded message saying the testing centre had moved to 425 Bloor St EAST....

however, the phone call was made at a very odd time, and I unfortunately couldn't really understand the speaker, as the recording was of very low quality.

Does anybody else have any info on this? Are there other writers out there at the same location?

I feel that if the testing centre had moved, they should have notified aamc, who in turn should've updated the info on their website - this has not been done... any thoughts?

cheers,

-allan

p.s. I hope everybody's studying is going well!

Hey all - thought you might want an update.

I contacted AAMC, and they emailed me back with a "confirmation" that I was indeed writing at 425 Bloor St. WEST.... spent some time on the Prometric website trying to find contact info, and eventually got on my bike and wandered over to check things out for myself.

425 Bloor St. WEST is a Dominion grocery store... so I guess I'll be writing in the produce aisle!

anyways, did some more digging, and found a similar forum to this one for Architect students: http://www.areforum.org/forums/forum20/11425.html

It would appear that Prometric misreported their address to AAMC, but hasn't bothered to tell them where they actually are located...

So, for anybody who is writing this Saturday at 425 Bloor St, make sure you go to Bloor EAST, not WEST!!! It's at Bloor and Sherbourne.

I've contacted aamc again, and will be biking over to 425 Bloor E tomorrow to confirm things in person. I will post here when I've heard a definitive answer.

anyways, it's all making for a very nice relief from studying.

cheers,

-allan

Archived