Premed 101 Forums

PCAT - what's to expect?

Guest PhysiologyDude

Guest PhysiologyDude

Hi everyone,

First off, I love this forum. For those pharmacists and others who may have had past run-ins with the PCAT, I'm just wondering what's to expect. The level of the material is supposed to be easier than the MCAT by far, or so I've heard. If someone could direct me to some resources and books that they've found useful in the past, I'd be most appreciative. I'm assuming the material shouldn't be overly difficult, as many students (in the US), write it after about 1 or 2 years of their university studies.

P-Dude

Guest scrubbed

PCAT= Pharmacy College Admissions Test

I believe that the previous poster was correst about the relative difficulty; however, I haven't written the exam.

Guest oliver5

PCAT is easy mainly high school stuff, I used a Kaplan review book and spent under a week preparing an did very well. I took it 5 years ago though so I might be outdated :) . Definately no where near as hard as the MCAT

Guest maquisapa

Having done both the MCAT and the PCAT, like you said, the PCAT is way easier. The science is pretty basic, mostly highschool stuff. The verbal is about the same except that there's a section that goes over definitions of words. The math is easy (basic algebra) but you need to be fast.

You can get PCAT study books with practice exams from most libraries. I didn't study for it or take grade 12 bio and still did pretty good. My friend did old exams and ended up in th 98-99th percentile in most sections. Like the MCAT, you don't need to get everything right to do well.. it's all scaled.

Hope that helps!

Archived