Premed 101 Forums

When will they send out the letters?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to everyone with interviews so far!

So, all we've heard with regards to invites so far are from people in Ontario, both because 90% of the interviews go to Ontario residents, and because mail to the rest of Canada will take a bit longer.

Good luck to those of you (those of us!) from OOP waiting for letters.

just curious, those of you who do research, when you say "heavy research" do you mean you've been working for a long time in multiple labs/ that you've been published as a lead author/ that you've done or are doing a 4th year thesis?

This is a good question. Also do you convey your "heavy research" through the ABS?

Any grad students get interviews yet? I am in Hamilton. No rejection or invitation yet.

just curious, those of you who do research, when you say "heavy research" do you mean you've been working for a long time in multiple labs/ that you've been published as a lead author/ that you've done or are doing a 4th year thesis?

I didn't include any research experience on the Mac questions, only the ABS (I assume this stands for auto-biographical sketch, but i'm not 100% sure how its used here!?).

I didn't mean to sound cocky or anything by saying heavy research, but its "heavy" because I've been with the same lab since 2nd year (fourth year now), and did 2 NSERCs, work during academic year, and now an honours thesis. The work allowed me to work on several projects, and several publications are due soon (i hope.. I'm not involved in writing, but I will be an author).

Got the invite today! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear from them. :)

I am a master's student at U of T. Undergrad GPA~3.9, pretty good extracurriculars, hospital volunteering, medical research since the end of second year. I did mention research in the mini essays, particularly on motivation to become a physician and professional/ethical role model.

Ha! I didn't know that everybody could feel exaclty the same as myself. I am soooo nervous to get the mail tomorrow. My Mum works for Canada Post and the amount of mail allowed to be delivered today was restricted due to the extremely cold temps in south-western ontario...go figure on the most nerve wracking days of many med-student hopefuls!! Well, good luck to all who haven't heard yet!

Archived