Premed 101 Forums

When will they send out the letters?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every hour or so, I open the front door, step outside, put my hand in the still-empty mailbox, sigh, get back in, and close the door, thereby significantly lowering the temperature in my house, specially considering that today is another bloody cold day in Montreal. So now that it's actually warmer outside my house than inside, can anyone from Montreal tell me whether today's the day, or if we'll have to wait until next week?

Has anyone (from Mtl) received anything yet from McMaster???

Got my rejection letter. And I don't care, cause I don't give a flying f*** about McMaster.

I was mildly disappointed though. I would have liked to get an offer and reject them for a change (somehow that doesn't seem very healthy).

I have to tell you that I LMAO when I read this!!! This is toooo funny ;)

Have you two applied anywhere else?

What was your GPA and were you out of province students?

Hey. I applied everywhere in Ontario (5 schools, not northern). I am from ontario so i didnt bother applying to mcgill. my omsas gpa is only 3.78 which i knew was kind of weak for mac, but i put alot of effort into my questions. i have a couple other interviews at schools where the gpa gets adjusted in some way, since my first year grades were much lower than my 2nd and third year.

Hi all! Just wanted to wish everyone who received an interview good luck.

OOP Alberta, GPA 3.88. Volunteering, scholarships, Research experience (no pubs), etc. Rejected Friday, which is alright - there's always next year! :)

Wow. There's so many amazing people who got rejected from Mac... At the risk of sounding like yet another "Alberta-advantage Advertisement", maybe you guys should think about applying in Alberta next year. :D We can use some more amazing physicians out here!

Anyway, to all the Albertans who received an interview to Mac: Knock 'em dead! :P

I haven't been here for a while, but I recieved the good news last Thursday (February 8th). Big white envelope...

My interview is scheduled for the 31st at 8:30...lucky me...lol

Good luck to everyone out there. And, for the people that didn't get an interview at Mac...sorry to hear about that, but just keep trying...I know from personal experience...hang in there, and everything will work out in the end!!!

Stay positive, and remain focused...that's the best piece of advice I have for all of you...

Good luck!

Hi flyhi,

It is my first year applying, so I probably don't know much about this stuff...but here are my thoughts:

No one really knows what Mac is looking for, so now that you're done school, I would work on diversifying your ECs...so you have a better chance at covering something that they find impressive! Of course, your commitment to the same hospital for 3 yrs is a great thing too.

Because so much of interview invite scores depend on the 5 questions, I spent a lot of time thinking about them. My main goal was to put something down that would make them say "hmm... this chick sounds interesting; let's bring her in for an interview to learn more about her." I didn't put much about my ECs in there... just put a lot of thought into my answers! Worked for me! (I'm not trying to suggest that you didn't do this in the first place, but just in case!)

Also, I'm not sure if you've tried to write the MCAT yet, but doing so would give you a lot more options for where to apply!

Hope this helps!

- Sharpie

Holy smokes, I got an interview at Mac!! I'm in Edmonton, GPA in the 3.6ish range, lots of and varied extra-currics/volunteer, finishing up an MSc, and this is my 4th time (!!!) applying to med schools!

I was so close to giving up...

I appreciate you sharing this with us so much! Thank you.

Congratulations to all of you who got in-that's wonderful.

I hope to apply for next year. :)

Archived