Premed 101 Forums

MCAT spaces in April/May

popcorn

I was trying to register in Calgary for April 7th....full.

Edmonton - full.

April 12th - Calgary full. Edmonton full.

Guess who'll be driving 9 hours to ****ing Saskatoon on April 12.:rolleyes:

You can check it easily....just log into aamc.org/mcat/registration. You fill out your personal info and it's stored as a profile, so you can log back in at any time to finish the actual registration process. But anyway, once you fill out a few pages, it takes you to the "test date and site" section. There you can choose a date and then it shows you all the test sites with "find seat" next to them. Click on "find seat" and it will show you whether there are seats available or not.

But based on my experience outlined above, I would register PRONTO.

If you find that all the spots in your city are booked - it is a good idea to keep checking regularly for those ppl who drop spots last minute. Apparently they are anticipating that a small fraction of people will back out and write later in the summer. Maybe they will allow you to switch in if a spot becomes available?

I bet they would, I keep checking in every once in a while.

I just checked online and there was a seat available for Edmonton on April 12th.

Lemme see if it will let me reregister......unfortunately, I used a friend's credit card, so if it asks me to reenter the card # again for registration, I won't be able to do it, because I don't have it handy and I don't wanna bother my friend with having to come out with me again.

Yeah, it's not gonna work, and it also looks like they are gonna charge you extra for it, same way they do if you are changing to another date.

STUPID.

Oh well, 6 hours vs. 9 hours.....doesn't make too much of a difference, an extra night at the motel pretty much, and that's it. I'd still have to leave the night before since the test is at noon, the only difference with Edmonton is that I could try and see if I could leave right after the test and get home by midnight, but then again, I don't particularly like nighttime prairie driving.

I just registered for the April 16 exam in Watertown, NY, about 4 hours from Toronto. Here's hoping that someone drops out of an exam somewhere in the GTA between now and then! If not, at least I have a seat!

I actually contemplated registering for the exam in Florida. When it looked like I was going to have to go as far as Erie, PA to write, I figured I might as well make it an MCAT vacation to the sunny south! However, then reality set in, and I registered for as close to home as I could find. (Given my work schedule, the Apr 16 exam is much better than other dates for me.)

To me, it seems like there are a lot fewer spots overall, compared to past years. While there are 22 writings a year, there seem to be significantly less locations to write, and a much smaller number of people who can write at each location. Does anyone know the actual numbers?

Here's hoping everyone who wants to write gets a spot!

Elaine

To me, it seems like there are a lot fewer spots overall, compared to past years. While there are 22 writings a year, there seem to be significantly less locations to write, and a much smaller number of people who can write at each location. Does anyone know the actual numbers?

Here's hoping everyone who wants to write gets a spot!

Elaine

Yeah, I registered like 1.5 months before the exam last year without a problem.

EDIT: and while there was a test offered in my city last year, this year they are only offering them in Calgary and Edmonton.

Yup, all spots in Alberta are full at the moment for may. Looks like I'm screwed or will have to travel a long ways to write it.

Well, if you wanna join me in Sask, we can have a partay afterwards.:cool: I don't mind driving 9 hours per se (I like driving alone), but it would be cool to split gas/motel with someone.

Especially someone single, hot, and male.:D

Should have registered wayyyyy earlier:eek: ... Well I am looking for a may spot to open up in Vancouver or in Edmonton. :(

I don't want to write in June... I should be ready in May.

Anyone see a spot open up plz tell me (that is if your not taking it :)

Archived