Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites ...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it might explain why they are taking much longer than last year. last year the invites were out on Feb 6th, after deciding the cutoffs on the last friday in january. they decided the cutoffs the same day this year, but maybe now they have to cut down the pool some more, so they are reading the essays?

Its surprising though, because they interview roughly the same number of people as Queens, and have stricter cutoffs. So I imagine using our answers on top of this would result in a much smaller pool. This doesn't make much sense as I think queen's and Western share the same applicant pool pretty much.

Its surprising though, because they interview roughly the same number of people as Queens, and have stricter cutoffs. So I imagine using our answers on top of this would result in a much smaller pool. This doesn't make much sense as I think queen's and Western share the same applicant pool pretty much.

but queens has pre-requisites, and western removed those this year for the first time ... it could be they just have alot more eligible applicants. i know that i didnt fullfill the arts requirement that western had last year ... i would have been cut right away, but this year i will pass all the cutoffs.

but queens has pre-requisites, and western removed those this year for the first time ... it could be they just have alot more eligible applicants. i know that i didnt fullfill the arts requirement that western had last year ... i would have been cut right away, but this year i will pass all the cutoffs.

I don't know. The elimination of third year applicants should have made the total applicant pool decrease anyway. Come to think of it, I don't think admissions ever says making the cutoffs guarantees an interview, do they? They always have to take into account the possibility of a candidate getting an unsavoury reference letter...

That's a bit comforting.

I don't think they removed all the prereqs. Their site says that for 2007-2008 prereqs are no longer required, they might still be for us.

I don't think they removed all the prereqs. Their site says that for 2007-2008 prereqs are no longer required, they might still be for us.

no they were eliminated for our cycle. they basically just copied that whole page from the previous admissions page and changed the dates.

I don't have a definite answer for you... but I know that the manager of the admissions office was off on *gasp* vacation last week... so I doubt that they hired somebody else to do her job for the week... and THAT is probably why they aren't out yet.

Relax... they are coming I am sure.

In other news:

1. The official party line from UWO has ALWAYS been that "meeting the cutoffs alone is not sufficient to guarantee an interview". In practice, if you met the cut offs, and don't have anything hugely wrong with your application (ie were a resident and citizen of Bangladesh with no legal standing in Canada, were not attending an accredited university for undergrad, were currently incarcerated serving a life sentence for murder, etc) then the assumption meet the cuts = interview is pretty solid.

2. There are no pre-reqs for THIS application cycle (ie applying in fall 2006 for entry fall 2007)

Not that it really matters, but does anyone have any definitive information when they'll be sending out the interview invites?

definitive information (as of this morning) = early next week.

so basically we'll still be checking our emails every day on reading week. awesome.

Well I called to find out when the interview dates are to make sure I didn't end up with a conflict by being in Thunder Bay, they said interview dates were the last weekend of march and the following weekend.

Interestingly enough when I asked how hard it would be to change from one weekend to the other they said that when you got an interview invite you'd be able to somehow log on online and sign up for your interview time (apparently on a first come first serve setup).

Oh yes and they said interview invites would go out sometime next week.

Archived