Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites ...

Hey I had an interview at Western once.

There was one doctor, in his office.

He made me wait in the hallway forever (like 45 minutes after assigned interview time).

I wonder if that was part of the test...

Anyway I didn't get in.

I hope they've increased the number of interviewers, just one is a pretty poor sampling in case of bias, prejudice, etc.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey,

How come you had a one-on-one interview? Pretty much all of the interviews at UWO are three-on-one- speaking as former admissions rep (2002-2006), I find it quite odd that you had a one-on-one interview! Was it for the mainstream medical program or for the MD/PhD stream? Were there other mitigating circumstances surrounding your interview? One-on-one interviews are not common practice for the UWO Medicine program, pretty much all of our interviews are three-on-one.

I'm also curious as to why you had a 1-on-1 interview...

Hey I had an interview at Western once.

There was one doctor, in his office.

He made me wait in the hallway forever (like 45 minutes after assigned interview time).

I wonder if that was part of the test...

Anyway I didn't get in.

I hope they've increased the number of interviewers, just one is a pretty poor sampling in case of bias, prejudice, etc.

i'm really confused.

I had a 4th year GPA of 3.73, graduated, and am doing a victory lap undergrad year.

My MCAT meets the SWOMEN cutoffs (11, 10, 12, P) and I lived in a SWOMEN area my entire life, but was bussed to a highschool out of a SWOMEN area. I wrote a letter to the admissions committee explaining that i grew up and lived on a SWOMEN-area farm, but the only catholic high school I could go to was out of the area.

From what I understood, they would used my 4th year GPA, and I could use the year I am currently in for the 2nd of the 2 years.

Should I be emailing regarding my rejection?

Darkfalz, from what I understand, your current year of courses does not count in your GPA as UWO does not have any of those grades. Your 3rd year (or 2nd if it is higher and contains senior level courses) would count instead towards your GPA. Does this year meet the GPA cutoff?

Non-SWOMEN, met cut offs, did not receive an email indicating an interview or "no decision made at this time." Anyone else in my boat? :confused:

Thousands thanks for any replies.

Don't worry - most applicants have not received an email from UWO. It's only us, apparently weird applicants, that get 'pre-interview invite' emails.

Don't worry - most applicants have not received an email from UWO. It's only us, apparently weird applicants, that get 'pre-interview invite' emails.

Sorry, I'd just like to clarify. So most applicants (including those still being considered) did not receive an email. I understand your 'weird' application situation and I hope that OMSAS can forward all your documents so that they can make a decision for you. I'm just getting antsy sitting in this boat, and wondering if I should bust out the oars soon. My greatest fear is that everyone who's supposed to have heard, has heard back already, and what's coming my way is not in form of an email, but of a skinny white envelope.

As promised, a thousand thanks to your excalibre. I hope your nic is a 'Knights of the Round Table' reference. That was a cool book.

Katerade, what was your source for the interviews definately taking place on March 24 and March 31st?

on the old admissions site they stated that whose would be the dates. maybe they will change them but that was the information available until about the end of january. that site is no longer accessible though .... did anyone save that pdf that gave a whole bunch of info about the admissions process?

I'm sure your email is on its way. You've met the cut-offs, so there really isn't any reason why you shouldn't be offered an interview.

Hmm I met the cutoffs but was told that my application would not be processed. I e-mailed them about this and called as well, but they said that they are a little behind now since many applicants have been e-mailing back. I hope this was just one big mistake...

after an email i sent to them explaining my situation (lived in swomen area, bussed to non-swomen school because of a lack of high schools), i got an email from Darla requesting proof that my parents own a farm in Waterford (swomen area).

needless to say i sped home to fax that stuff out. Now for the anxious waiting to see if that will get me the interview i've been hoping for.

oh, and just to update, i received my official interview invite this morning (following a 'heads up' email last week) directing me to the login page where i will be able to pick my interview date/time as of wednesday evening.

Same here! Congrats to all who heard good news...and good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear...hopefully they worked out that email glitch from earlier.

Guest canucker

hey excalibre,

Did you hear back from UWO yet? I got a "no decision" email as well. I'm tempted to email UWO about it (even though they said that they'd contact us) because of the Wednesday interview sign-up. Hopefully they get back to us soon. Good luck to everyone waiting.

hey excalibre,

Did you hear back from UWO yet? I got a "no decision" email as well. I'm tempted to email UWO about it (even though they said that they'd contact us) because of the Wednesday interview sign-up. Hopefully they get back to us soon. Good luck to everyone waiting.

Hi Canucker,

No I haven't heard anything. I did phone them because I suspect invites are going out on Wednesday or Thursday. I really don't want to get my invite a week late and end up with the interview spots nobody else wanted.

I also phoned OMSAS to ask them "what's up with this" and they said my file was complete and that they had sent all the information they had in October, and that they have no clue why I should receive such a letter.

I am a little aggravated from this, because I do like UWO, but I don't like being the 'odd applicant' out.

Though I know they are also stressed out and are working hard to iron out the wrinkles before they send out invites, I suggest you phone them, as I did, and nicely explain how this situation might make things unfair interview wise.

It seems like the people who got emails for interview invites and for picking a time on Wednesday are OOP (QC, BC, etc). Did anyone in Ontario get an email? It might be that Western just wants to give the OOP's first dibs on picking times.

I'm in province too, and got an email.

Archived