Premed 101 Forums

Best MCAT date (please answer!)

meen86

Hi, I've already given the MCAT once before (WS: Q, 13PS, 11BS and 7 VS :( ) ,and I'm planning to do it again because of my low verbal score. I was wondering if I take the test on September 7th (and thus the scores are released october 7th), if schools with deadlines earlier than the release date would evaluate me based on my past MCAT score or wait till my new MCAT scores are in to look at my file.

Your answer will be very much appreciated!!!!

Thanx in advance!

I think in applications they ask if you're waiting for MCAT scores to be released, in which case they would wait until the new scores were submitted before reviewing the file. I think the earliest deadline for Canadian schools is around Oct 3rd-ish so I highly doubt the file review would start a few days after that since most schools give applicants a bit of time to submit any missing/"lost in the mail" documents.

Actually the earliest deadline is UBC which is usually in the first week of September. This year, however, you had until November something to release your MCAT scores. With the new dates available, I'm guessing schools won't be as nice with releasing scores after the application deadline. I imagine though, that if you meet the cut-off, you will be given the opportunity to improve your MCAT scores by interview time.

Archived