Premed 101 Forums

MMI Practice Sessions?

TBJ1

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there anyone who can't make it on that day and would like to plan an alternate weekend/weekday? I am fine for the 2nd and 3rd weekend in March...or other week nights. Can't make the March 1 because I have interviews that weekend! :(

Sharpie, I can do another weekend/weekday. I have a seminar on the 1st until 5pm. Besides, there's prob lots of people wanting to attend so it might be better breaking the group up anyways. How's saturday march 17th? or the weekend before works too either day (during the day)?

Sharpie, I can do another weekend/weekday. I have a seminar on the 1st until 5pm. Besides, there's prob lots of people wanting to attend so it might be better breaking the group up anyways. How's saturday march 17th? or the weekend before works too either day (during the day)?

Hi Eise,

I'm glad there's someone in the same boat! The weekend before that (10th/11th) would be better for me! I am free either day, any time. What about Saturday, March 10th? Where do you want to meet? I live in downtown Toronto.

Anyone else interested?

Hi Everyone,

Thursday March 1 (1-5 pm) and Saturday March 17 (all day) works for me.

Thanks,

Kitty

I'm in! See you on March 1st :)

For anyone else who is going to this particular session at U of T, why don't we all come prepared with about 10 to 15 questions (covering different subject areas e.g., ethics, communication, health care, etc.) that we could discuss? I think it would probably be a better use of our time instead of coming up with questions on the spot. Let me know what you think....

KT

Yeah March 1st 5pm is good with me. I'll see you guys there at Gerstein! I agree that it's a good idea to have some questions prepared in advance, so we'll just each bring a few topics within those categories? Also, we should perhaps confirm exactly who will be coming the night before.

And to the other folks, it certainly wouldn't hurt to organize a few of such sessions - the more the better. it might be more effective too when the group isn't too large.

Hi Eise,

I'm glad there's someone in the same boat! The weekend before that (10th/11th) would be better for me! I am free either day, any time. What about Saturday, March 10th? Where do you want to meet? I live in downtown Toronto.

Anyone else interested?

How about 2pm on March 10th? Should we also try the study rooms at gerstein? I've never been so i dont know how busy they get. Im also downtown so if you have any other venue suggestions, thats fine by me.

How about 2pm on March 10th? Should we also try the study rooms at gerstein? I've never been so i dont know how busy they get. Im also downtown so if you have any other venue suggestions, thats fine by me.

2pm on March 10 at Gerstein sounds great.

I looked up Gerstein Library and it is open until 10pm on that day. I have never been either, but from the website, it looks like there is plenty of study space!

Kitty, I think they are starting at 5pm on March 1. You're definitely welcome to join me and eise.

The more the merrier. Anyone else?

2pm on March 10 at Gerstein sounds great.

I looked up Gerstein Library and it is open until 10pm on that day. I have never been either, but from the website, it looks like there is plenty of study space!

Kitty, I think they are starting at 5pm on March 1. You're definitely welcome to join me and eise.

The more the merrier. Anyone else?

Thanks so much Sharpie*.

See you on March 10th at Gerstein.

Kitty

Hi,

Im from TO and free from now until early March ...seems like alot of you guys are too

I've heard from past students that this sorta thing really helps getting used to Mac's interview style...especially for the nervous types like myself.

So what do you guys think of Thurs, Mar 1 at 4 pm...at Gerstein Library

1. Enter Gerstein's main entrance, up the steps, through the turn-stiles.

2. Make a right on the near side of the information desk to walk past the computers (will be on ur right).

3. Keep walking straight and you will into a big room with some desks and books

4. Ahead of you, slightly to the left, u'll see stairs. Go down those to the basement and there are group study rooms there.

PS Some time this week is good too

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give you all a heads up...I was walking around in Gerstein today and found that the group study area has been closed down. If it is still closed on Thursday...let's meet at the stairs I have described above (at 5pm) and figure something out then.

Gerstein is the MOST crowded library at UofT. It is nearly impossible to get a study room during the afternoon or at night.

I would recommend a place like Hart House or University College, which both have large rooms that are often empty at night time.

Just want to confirm, so tomorrow at 5pm there're 4 people so far who have agreed to meet at Gerstein? TypeS, KT dreaming MD, nerdykilla, and myself...did i miss anybody? To make it easier, why don't we meet in the main lobby (right past the front entrance) in Gerstein and we decide exactly where to go from there?

i'll be there too!

i might be a little late though. =S i get off work at 4, and depending on if i bus it, it could take up to an hour and a half for me to get there.

is there any way i could contact one of you guys to know where you are? or maybe you could leave a msg with someone at the main desk in the lobby?

i'd REALLY appreciate it! thanks!

Archived