Premed 101 Forums

MMI Practice Sessions?

TBJ1

Thanks for organizing a practice session for the MMI. I'd like to join. My friend went through a 'group debate' component at Mac and told me that this kind of practice would have been really helpful.

So, should we say the lobby of Gerstein at 2pm on March 10th? Even if Gerstein's group study rooms are all taken (I'll go upstairs now and see if I can book them), Sid. Smith could work, or even Robarts around the cafeteria (they recently doubled the seating in that public space).

I'll bring several ethical questions/scenarios as uofthopeful07 suggested, and try to find out which topics they may use for a group debate.

See you then!

Polly, were you able to book a room?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey sharpie/polly ..thats too bad. we missed you.

the session, i thought, went really well. it was particularly useful to have one of the mac med students speak to us in the first hour.

it was a dynamic group and we had lots ot talk about..i think we could have kept going, but we were reaching 3.5hours :eek:

good luck to everyone!!

Hey rad86,

I would be interested in meeting up and talking about potential scenarios...but i cant come next weekend (from friday mar 16 to sun mar18). Weekdays after 5 are good...or the following weekend if you guys prefer.

Cheers,

Hi 606, yeah sure that's no problem. I have work every weekend (both days) and so I'm only available on weekdays myself. And since both you and sharpie prefer after 5pm, how abt the coming Monday (March 12), Gerstein main lobby at 5pm? Please let me know if you guys can make it.

Hey guys,

I would have to agree that this coming Monday and Tues is not the best ... actually i was hoping early next week (say Monday mar 19 onwards) but if guys want to meet up this week...hows thurs mar 15.

Thanks

Alright so it sounds like we're in agreement then: This Thursday March 15

I know Sick Kids has a really nice large eating area that will be pretty dead around 5. Lots of windows and tables. We can also meet where the last group met... (was there room at Gerstein in the end, everyone?)

SickKids cafe sounds like a good option since Jinny, Sharpie and myself are all from there and will be working till 5 on Thursday. Since tables in the cafeteria are a little scattered, I suggest we meet at the Starbucks instead so we won't miss anybody. For those who don't work here, or may not even have stepped into SickKids, I think it is worth the short walk from campus since I myself got much inspiration from working at this place. ;)

that's a good idea Toroharo =)

I love working at this place too !!

i guess one of the lunch rooms in Mcmaster building might be a possible option too since pretty much no one is in lunch room after 5 and there is a large table there..

Hey guys,

Thurs sounds great, can someone tell me where sick kids is (never been there)? Is it right across OPG on university...which entrance...and what floor are we meeting up on...

Also...my last class finishes at 5 on thurs...so i might be a tad late

Thx

Hey guys,

Thurs sounds great, can someone tell me where sick kids is (never been there)? Is it right across OPG on university...which entrance...and what floor are we meeting up on...

Also...my last class finishes at 5 on thurs...so i might be a tad late

Thx

Sick Kids is at 555 University avenue...pretty much directly across from Mt. Sinai hospital (it's between Gerrard and Elm St).

The easiest way is to go in the front entrance off of university.

How late do you think you'll get there after class?

Let's meet at 5:30. I will still stick to the cafeteria in the Atrium. McMaster building has more badging points: I was stuck somewhere there before and needed to wait for people to open the door. :o

When you come through from the University Ave entrance, turn left (you'll see Shopper's Drug Mart), and then turn right to walk past the elevators. Keep going until you see flying cows. Starbucks is by the left.

Let's meet at 5:30. I will still stick to the cafeteria in the Atrium. McMaster building has more badging points: I was stuck somewhere there before and needed to wait for people to open the door. :o

When you come through from the University Ave entrance, turn left (you'll see Shopper's Drug Mart), and then turn right to walk past the elevators. Keep going until you see flying cows. Starbucks is by the left.

Toroharo, you don't have a badge while you work here? That must get super-frustrating!

Ok...so final plan is 5:30 PM in front of starbuck's at Sick Kids...then we'll go somewhere from there.

Thanks so much Macomere for all your help today!

hello eise et al. :-)

you are welcome....i forgot to mention one thing....if sharing my experience helped at all....please remember to pay it forward.... it was through the help of many that i am able to live my dream.

:)

macomere

(oh and i see they have instituted some changes...like a "rest station? "...which is great...you can maybe grab some water then:rolleyes: ?

Archived