Premed 101 Forums

Dress Code - Advice Needed

Hi there,

I know this topic has been discussed already, but bear with me :o

The general consensus seems to be that a suit should be worn. Unfortunately, that just isn't me and I would be pretty uncomfortable. How detrimental would it be for me to show up in khakis, dress shirt and tie, but no suit jacket/blazer?

Thanks for your input!!

Estrella

I remember that at my interview I wore khakis along with a green dress shirt. No tie. No suit jacket/blazer. I looked around and the majority were wearing black suits...it felt like I stuck out bigtime. But then again, I got in. So...wear whatever you feel comfortable in!

Hi

If the school judged you by how you dress then you would not want to attend that school. They (NOSM) do not require you to be in a suit or otherwise make a fashion investment. Dress neatly, be conservative aka professional. Don't worry about how other people are dressed, who cares as they likely dont know anything and are making up for it in fashion ;) Let your personality leave an impression (hopefully a good one!). Dont worry about suits vs comfy dress-clothes....that will smith movie comes to mind in this discussion...the one where he goes to the interview all scruffy and dirty...just be clean & neat, smart, critical, and empathic and you will do great on the interviews...just be yourself.

BigFace,

Archived