Premed 101 Forums

Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock, Waiting is Driving Me Mad!!!

Well I might as well have a metronome next to me to count tick off the 39,600 seconds left until there is any chance I will hear anything about my applications. It's driving me mad. I know I won't hear anything, but still I keep checking the mailbox, my e-mail, the Dal website, and this forum. I think about it like half the day. I can't concentrate on things like studying because it all comes back to, "Will I get into med school????" I think I need a valium. I'm kidding, but it might help!

Is anyone else going crazy, or are you all laid back, relaxed and working hard at school?

Ms. C it's foolish to think that sharing stats will help calm you down - we're all accomplished people in some right if we've made it this far! That being said, the suspense is unreal. We put our hearts into something like and hope for the best. If it doesn't happen this year, it would at least be nice to know so altnerative plans can be made

Hi Mark,

I too am going crazy, but its not a constant crazy as I am really trying to keep myself busy so I don't have an idle mind. As you know I just moved, so I have had lots of menial tasks to bury myself in like unpacking and painting etc. so that has really helped.

I am anxious to find out though, cause either way I'd like to know so I can start scrambling for a spot to rewrite the mcat, and start looking for a job.

Anyways best of luck, i hope we are among the first to find out.

Hi Sarah, Good to hear from you. Glad to hear your not going quite as crazy as me and that your enjoying yourself in Halifax. Volunteering takes a long time now that your not there. I was thinking of asking Cathy if anyone else might be starting. Anyhow, good luck with your application and in Halifax.

Archived