Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Result: Accepted! (Campus unspecified)
Timestamp: 12:18 pm EST
2YGPA: 4.00 
MCAT: 34 (12 VR, 11 PS, 11 BS)
Interview: Thought it went okay, a few awkward pauses and I didn't feel like I gave them a full picture of who I was but managed to create some good dialogue on some questions.
Year: Graduated BSc 2016
Geography: OOP

So so pumped to get this invite!!!!! Still waiting on UBC results and Western campus specification to make my decision

Result: Accepted to Windsor Campus

Timestamp: 05/09/17 12:04PM

wGPA: ~3.85

MCAT: 511

ECs: Research, lots of volunteering, lots of leadership, weightlifting competitions, own my own business, have held jobs at hospitals & medical device companies

Interview: Went extremely well

Year: 4th year, graduating this month

Geography: SWOMEN

Result: Accepted to unspecified campus

Timestamp: 12:11pm May 9

wGPA: Not sure how they count the conditional final year, interview invite was based on one year with 3.9

MCAT: 130/129/130/130 (519)

ECs: Some research, hospital/first-aid volunteering, shadowing

Interview: Felt that it went well, interviewers seemed really interested in discussing my research, and I was able to bring up a very good experience from shadowing. So many pauses during one of the questions though, interviewers had to prompt me to go on...

Year: 4th year UG

Non-SWOMEN

Was waitlisted elsewhere, and Western was my first choice anyway, so will be accepting :)

Result: Accepted  :) 

wGPA: 3.97

MCAT: 130/128/131/128 (517)

ECs: I did things I enjoy.

9 years with one organization, worked part-time all throughout undergrad, dabbled in clinical and basic science research (various poster publications, no manuscripts atm), involved with my local cultural community 

In may opinion, my ECs  were less 'competitive' than what I've heard from others applying to med. I never really had the money to go abroad or volunteer a lot because I had to work most of the time. I also do not have any special talents, no musical skills, no dancing, no sports...nothing. My activities, except for one were also not extensively long-term. 

To those applying, don't feel pressured to do things to become a more competitive applicant. Just be who you are, and hopefully your character shines through to the admission committee and interviewers. 

Interview: Being from London, I felt Western was my best interview! At one point talking about my decision to go to Western brought tears to my eyes - looking back I think this spoke to how special it would be for me to stay here. 

I did mess up on a few questions, for one I went on a tangent, told them I was on a tangent and then proceeded to answer the question. Mess-ups happen, they understand you're dealing with A LOT of nerves. 

Year: 4th year UG 
Will be accepting to be a Schulich Med!!  :lol:

Result: Accepted 

wGPA: 3.97

MCAT: 512

ECs: mentoring, house league sports, conferences, student government, volunteering

Interview: I felt it went well overall, but I was unsure of a couple of questions.

Year: 4th

Very excited to accept my first choice!  Can't wait to meet my future classmates!  Good luck to those on the waitlist or planning on applying next year! 

Result: Accepted

wGPA: 3.85

MCAT: 53

ECs: Extensive and varied. Did what I loved without trying to for into a med school formula.

Interview: I thought it went well but I preferred the MMI format. I found it hard to talk to 3 people at once.

Year: Completed undergrad at Guelph in 2015.

I was ecstatic to be offered a spot, but will actually he accepting my at McMaster.

Result: High wait list 

wGPA: 3.95

MCAT: 128/129/130/128

Interview: I thought the panel was super friendly and we had a lot of laughs throughout the interview, but I was very disappointed in the quality of my answers. I felt like I was charismatic, but what came out of my mouth was pure garbage. Kind of like when you see a really attractive person, but then they start talking and it turns out they're dumb af. 

Year: 4th year

Geography: non-SWOMEN

Will be removing myself from the wait list and going to Queen's, hopefully someone on here from the normal wait list will get this spot! It's been a pleasure posting you with you guys  :)

My boy SunAndMoon, I'm still rooting for you!

Result: Accepted to London Campus (off High Waitlist)

wGPA: 3.91

MCAT: 11/9/12

ECs: Quite a bit of research (some pubs and posters), A lot of leadership roles in clubs as well as long term commitment in my community working with the intellectually disabled.

Interview: I walked out of interview feeling terrible, and thinking I could've given better answers but I tried my best to be a fun person (at one point I went off on a tangent about Netflix hahah). I also felt like one of the interviewers was playing bad cop with me.

Year: gap year

This is my third time applying and it feels so good to finally get in. To those still on the waitlist, there is still hope! Good luck to everyone else! :)

Was that an accident? I don't want to doubt you, but I want to highlight that you (a) mentioned being on the normal waitlist and (b ) expressing surprise that you got off the normal waitlist and got accepted to the London campus. 

It may very well be true that it was an error, but something to think about for waitlisted people given that no one else has reported anything. 

Apologies if I am wrong, and best of luck to all. 

Yup it was just my mistake....l  just reread my May 9th email and it would seem that it was indicating high waitlist....I honestly thought I was on normal waitlist this entire time :P. Sorry for the confusion, good luck everyone!

Congrats!!!!!!! Did they call you or email you?

Yup it was just my mistake....l  just reread my May 9th email and it would seem that it was indicating high waitlist....I honestly thought I was on normal waitlist this entire time :P. Sorry for the confusion, good luck everyone!

Hey Yuritime maybe you should try not to crush peoples hopes and dreams during this fragile moment in their lives.

confusion aside (we are only human) - congrats!  

Got a phone call yesterday (May 25) at 11:24 PST

-Will fill in some of the details later

Result: Accepted to London Campus (off High Waitlist)

wGPA

MCAT: 12/13/14

ECs: Lots of research (5 publications, many presentations), heavily involved in the clubs I was in (teaching abroad, working with people with spinal cord injury) 

Interview: I felt like I did pretty well in the interview. Was a tad bit nervous in the beginning. 

Year: Working for a year after MSc
Geography: OOP

I really liked UWO's curriculum and the general atmosphere, but have declined this offer for UBC. Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist! Having been waitlisted by two schools last year, I know how it feels and I really hope you hear from them soon!

Result: Accepted to Windsor Campus (off High Waitlist)

Timestamp: May 26th ~ 2:30pm

2 yr GPA: 3.95

MCAT: 515 

ECs: Honestly nothing special but I did things I really enjoyed

Interview: Really couldn't tell ya how I felt after it. Felt both good and bad at the same time.

Geography: SWOMAN

Does anyone know how likely it is that I'll get moved to the London campus? I'm a bit freaking out choosing between Mac (Hamilton) and Western now that I'm not guaranteed the London campus. Pleeeeeeease if anyone has any info at all let me know or message me!

Result: Accepted to Windsor Campus (off High Waitlist)

Timestamp: May 26th ~ 2:30pm

2 yr GPA: 3.95

MCAT: 515 

ECs: Honestly nothing special but I did things I really enjoyed

Interview: Really couldn't tell ya how I felt after it. Felt both good and bad at the same time.

Geography: SWOMAN

Does anyone know how likely it is that I'll get moved to the London campus? I'm a bit freaking out choosing between Mac (Hamilton) and Western now that I'm not guaranteed the London campus. Pleeeeeeease if anyone has any info at all let me know or message me!

An offer to Windsor is to that campus specifically, so I would not expect to get moved to London.