Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

4 hours ago, Mim said:

I'm abroad and cannot for the life of me access my student centre portal so i'm hoping someone can help ! 

- I have an offer in the Omsas website, but we're receiving emails tomorrow right ? 

- Is there any student portal center steps to do like accepting ? Because I won't have access until after the may 28th deadline when I get home 

Try using a VPN, I have experience of western student portal not working abroad but that fixed it

7 minutes ago, mothernature said:

Has anybody gotten high or low waitlisted this year?

I think I got low waitlist, since the wording of the email is that people in my position have not received offers in previous years. Which I think is almost the same as a rejection.

Result: Accepted to London campus

Timestamp: May 14 9:57 AM

2 yr GPA: 3.88 (1 year conditional)

MCAT:  128/132/130/129

InterviewFelt fine about my answers but didn't think I connected well with the panel

Geography: non-SWOMEN

1 minute ago, ernstmach said:

I got a non-committal waitlist email, so i was under the impression they werent doing high/low waitlists! There was no mention of previous student's getting in in the email i got. 

That sounds like normal waitlist to me, but we will know when and if someone gets the high waitlist email. This is a positive sign, congrats.

Result: High Waitlist

Timestamp: May 14 8:55 AM

2 yr GPA: 3.97

MCAT:  128/129/127

InterviewFelt fine when I left but became more uncertain as the time passed 

Geography: SWOMEN

The email I got says that applicants in my position have received offers in previous years - still a little nervous but hoping this is good!

Congrats to everyone who received offers and waitlists today! 

Some info about waitlist to help people better understand their chances:

1. Western has a lot of waitlist movement. Historically, the high waitlist is almost always cleared, so even if you were placed on the normal waitlist, there's still a decent chance you'll receive an offer as the summer moves on. Waitlist movement continued into August last year, so there's still lots of time and you shouldn't give up yet! Unfortunately, I don't think anyone from the low waitlist has received an offer in the past several years.

2. What waitlist am I on? 

• High: "In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission."
  • Normal: "Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offer that is not accepted will be filled by an individual from the Wait List."
  • Low: "In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have not received an offer of admission."

Timestamp: May 14 10:11 AM

2 yr GPA: 3.77 (yes, it is possible with a lower GPA!!!!)

MCAT:  128/130/127/130

InterviewFelt good about the answers, didn't feel super connected to the panel but I think I managed to hold their attention and not bore them!

Result: "Normal" Waitlist 

Timestamp: May 14 9:02 AM

2 yr GPA: 3.83

MCAT:  126/129/130/130

InterviewDefinitely felt like I could have done better in the interview, I didn't bring up some points that I had hoped to in hindsight and felt a little rushed by the interviewers. 

Geography: Non-SWOMEN

2 hours ago, guest2019 said:

I received an acceptance to Western but it says unspecified campus even though I chose my preference beforehand. Does anyone know what this means?

This means that at this time, they've sent out enough invites to fill your preferred campus. Rather than sending you an acceptance for your lower ranked campus, they say unspecified because it is still likely that you're given an offer to your campus of preference. As far as I know, people who receive unspecified campus almost always end up receiving their preferred location after movement.

2 hours ago, SmartfoodLover said:

Timestamp: May 14 10:11 AM

2 yr GPA: 3.77 (yes, it is possible with a lower GPA!!!!)

MCAT:  128/130/127/130

InterviewFelt good about the answers, didn't feel super connected to the panel but I think I managed to hold their attention and not bore them!

Congrats! So glad you got in :D

Result: Accepted to Windsor campus

Timestamp: May 14 9:45 AM

2 yr GPA: 3.88 

MCAT:  128/128/131/127

InterviewDidn't feel great afterwards but looking back was happy with my answers I did a lot of prep! 

Result: Normal Waitlist

Timestamp: May 14 9:03 AM

2 yr GPA: 3.75

MCAT:  129/129/129/131

Interview: Felt okay! 

To those who have a low GPA: I got 4 interviews and 3 admissions offers (and this waitlist) with a cGPA of 3.69. You can do it and don't give up :) Message me if you want details on ECs, etc. 

Result: Accepted (London Campus)

Timestamp: May 14 (12am), email at 9:55am

2 yr GPA: 3.99 + conditional = 3.85?, Finished final year with 3.98, 6th yr undergrad

MCAT:  127, 129, 129  

Interview: It wasn't perfect but it was solid, connected with all members of the panel, made them laugh several times, made them feel empathy on the more sensitive answers, convinced myself that it went worse than I thought it went during the interview, 

ECs: unique employment (for a med applicant but normal for everyone else), TA, hospital volunteer, No research 

Geography: IP, Non-SWOMEN

To our comrades who have fallen today, do not give up, if you still have the will, you too will get in someday

To future premeds scrolling the forums who's chances are slim in relation to usual premed standards: find your strengths, find the school who focuses on your strengths, and give it everything you've got. 1 interview, 1 acceptance, that's all I ever wanted. 

Did anyone get located at a campus that was not their first choice? Or does it just say unspecified for everyone that might be in this position? 

I specified London as my first choice and currently have an unspecified location. Would love to go to London campus but if I can not guarantee that this will be the case I will be taking my offer with Mac, no offense to Windsor natives. 

24 minutes ago, TClooney said:

Did anyone get located at a campus that was not their first choice? Or does it just say unspecified for everyone that might be in this position? 

I specified London as my first choice and currently have an unspecified location. Would love to go to London campus but if I can not guarantee that this will be the case I will be taking my offer with Mac, no offense to Windsor natives. 

I got Windsor as first choice. I understand when people don't want Windsor. I grew up here so I like it a lot, but it's not exactly a city to write home about if you're from out of town. I've seen a lot of unspecified locations end up being London, so you could roll the dice.

12 hours ago, guest2019 said:

I received an acceptance to Western but it says unspecified campus even though I chose my preference beforehand. Does anyone know what this means?

in case someone hasn't replied - it means your overall score was enough to be in the top 171 candidates (assuming the class size is the same) - and thus you got a spot but not high enough to initially fit into the london class. However very likely with people declining some spots new spots will open in London and you probably will get your first choice location eventually. You just have to wait until all the declines are processed etc.

They just cannot 100% guarantee you will get it currently because in theory at least everyone could accept and there are no spots opened.