Premed 101 Forums

Uwo Question

Raam

I'm a uoft student and as you know uoft uses the gpa system but western uses percentages to determine if you get accepted or not is that right? So, do they convert my gpa into the appropriate percent or do they use my percents I got for my courses individually and calculate the average?

I'm a uoft student and as you know uoft uses the gpa system but western uses percentages to determine if you get accepted or not is that right? So, do they convert my gpa into the appropriate percent or do they use my percents I got for my courses individually and calculate the average?

Ok, so just read a past e-mail from Trish. They just take your percentage grade (since you have those already at U of T), calculate the % average from those grades, and average out your best 2 years...and that will get you your admissions average. So I believe they don't look at your letter grades since you have percentages already. Double check by e-mailing Trish.

Yea...western is horrendous with their best two years percentile evaluation. EVERYBODY will have at least an 80% or an 85% ...which, means their DAT requirements are over the roof to have a proper way to evaluate candidates.

I think this is ridicolous because since when did we start putting so much god damned emphasis on standardized tests. Our education system never bred standardized tests. Kids in America are trained for that system since they have SAT's etc at such an early age. Anyway, there's a million things I could say about this.

My gpa in percentile for my best 2 years comes up to be like 85.6 ....But, even with this grade I have absolutely no shot because my DAT is so damn low (Total = 74).

So anyway, I'm not too hopeful about UWO. Any ideas how they're gonna evaluate this year????

Let's hope U of T doesn't look at DAT scores too critically....

mkmkhan, you say your gpa in percentile, what do you mean by that, how did you calculate that value?

It's easy....I go to U of T so our courses are either 0.5 credit or 1.0 credit.

For ex:

Course 1 (0.5) - 85% ---- 85% * 0.5 = 42.5

Course 2 (0.5) - 85% ---- 85% * 0.5 = 42.5

Course 3 (0.5) - 85% ---- 85% * 0.5 = 42.5

Course 4 (0.5) - 85% ---- 85% * 0.5 = 42.5

Course 5 (1.0) - 85% ---- 85% * 1.0 = 85

Course 6 (1.0) - 85% ---- 85% * 1.0 = 85

Course 7 (0.5) - 85% ---- 85% * 0.5 = 42.5

Course 8 (0.5) - 85% ---- 85% * 0.5 = 42.5

Add them up and divide by the number of TOTAL CREDITS i.e., 5 (not courses = 8)

425 / 5 = 85%

hope that helps

Archived