Premed 101 Forums

UBC:accepted-> help for waitlisted

UBC gives you two weeks to pay the $8900 deposit after sending out the acceptance email right?

So I guess the waitlist might start moving again before next friday... Assuming those who were granted admission last week want to attend another university.

bella:

thanks for the update!

Good luck :)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without offending my wonderful colleagues in U of A, I would choose U of Manitoba. If I was applying for Dental School right now, I would keep U of Man at the top of the list. I have heard positive comments about their curriculum particularly their clinic component. However, keep in mind, you gotta live there too.

Yeah, I do understand the tuition issue. It is definitely debatable whether learning in a new clinic is worth the significant cost in education.

WOW

thx for the update bella!

with you dropping the spot... this means I am officially #1 on the waitlist!

o man, now i am corssing my fingers...

and will probably check this forum over and over again for the next few days/weeks

Congrats on your UA acceptance once again!

I wish you the very best :)

fishyfish

hey all...sorry for the late reply. I got the call early today at 31.3%. I didn't have reception on salt spring island, so it took me awhile to find out.

Sorry Fishy, I will be takin' the spot....but by the looks of things/timing you should have no problem! We'll have to find out who eachother is so we can have a brew and moan about how lame it was being on the waitlist!

Man this feels good. Just a sense of ease.

Cheers!

Hmm.. you know, there could be more than one spot available. I notice that Bellaortho mentioned getting the call at 30 percentile, lower than Dwayner2.

They need to hear the rejection before moving down. Thus, Dwayner2's spot should be separate from the one Bellaortho gave up.

I like to bring good news.. so much more pleasant than bad...

:D

Adversary

I have been reading your posts for the past few months and I really think that you give useful comments. I look forward to meeting you in person!

sorry I wasn't able to use the chatroom... maybe next time? :)

bella

haha

I really owe you big time. Too bad we can't be classmates :rolleyes:

I wish you the best!

Dwayner

I am sure we will have fun figuring out who eachother is when school starts in Sep! (or late Aug, to be more exact)

UBCfnh

There's still time till September.

Remember to post the good news when u get in!

I will cross my fingers for you!

Fishyfish

hey fishyfishy

didn't really interact with you much cuz i got rejected by ubc flat-out (3 on carving hehe)

but, to see you remain positive until the last minute, gotta congratulate you on your accomplishment.

have fun buddy, im sure you will.

mkmkhan

thx for the msg :)

I think UBC is the only school that requires a minimum score for carving, which is weird, since I really don't see how cutting a piece of soap can show ppl that you can become a great dentist.

anywayz

goodluck at UT!

I am sure you will do well :)

UBCfnh

July 20

same as Dwayner

I think they are trying to speed up the process so they can get all students to register un early Aug.

Archived