Premed 101 Forums

Official UWO Thread

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone,

I think another mass email went out to all of the people who are to be interviewed from Trish Ashbury. It said not to panic about not being able to sign up for an interview and that the computer techs have been notified. She said she will email when everything is up and running, probably early tomorrow morning.

Microserf, I guess it depends. It's good news if Western sent their invites and rejections at the same time cuz at least you didn't get a rejection. If not...then there is a chance that they're sending the rejections later. I'm in the same position as you. *shrugs* No point being worried now, i guess, since the office is closed and they won't be sending out more e-mails until tomorrow, i think

In that case, I guess it's good news? Maybe we're on waitlist for the interview? Maybe they're sending it out in waves according to last names (i doubt). I mean, ok if you've got the stats then don't worry about it - they're just slow. In my case, my stats aren't too competitive so...I'm not being too optimistic.

I think most of the time they say one thing...but due to time constraints they do another. Last year, I believe they sent out interview invites and rejections at the same time...I think everyone got an answer at the same time (interview invite, rejections, waitlist). This time around, unless people actually received a rejection e-mail, i think the chance of us getting an rejection e-mail tmr is quite high.

coolwater,

I was waitlisted last year...although I personally did not get off of it, I know 2 other waitlisters that got an interview in the end...I don't remember what happened with their applications in the end.

To those of you waiting...don't give up cause you never know. I know it's easier said than done; however, try to stay as positive as you can!

On another note...I know at western, if you have a 4 yr honours or graduate degree you get "bonus points" with your application.

coolwater,

I was waitlisted last year...although I personally did not get off of it, I know 2 other waitlisters that got an interview in the end...I don't remember what happened with their applications in the end.

To those of you waiting...don't give up cause you never know. I know it's easier said than done; however, try to stay as positive as you can!

On another note...I know at western, if you have a 4 yr honours or graduate degree you get "bonus points" with your application.

I guess you're right can't really say anything until you have that letter saying yay or nay but the wait is killing me

Archived