Premed 101 Forums

Official UWO Thread

hi,

does anyone know the schedule for the western interview day.

like if i booked it for 1:45, what time to i go? whens the tour and when do i write the anatomy challenge exam?

is it before or after the interview? is there going to be more informaiton mailed to us? so confusedddd

thanks

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It didn't say in the email but after or before the interview do they offer any kind of tour? I assume they would because most schools do but you never know! :P

Thanks

Congrats on getting an interview everyone! At the western interview last year, tours were conducted before or after your interview depending on when you want it. You basically sit in a lecture auditorium, and stare at the projection screen of pictures the upper year class put together showing the various fun things western has to offer, plus interview statistics! At the same time, there are tour guides that come in every so often to ask anyone if they want to join a tour group. There's also other students that come in to the lecture room a few minutes before each interview time slot to take you to the interview rooms. I remember the hallway the interview rooms were in (very intimidating) because you can see each door in the hallway opened by the interviewer greeting the interviewee and then the door closing shut behind them as their interview starts. I was the 2nd last one greeted, so I was super nervous and anxious by the time my door finally opened, after seeing everyone else go in before me! My advice, which is probably obvious, is to take the tour after your interview when you're all relaxed (or on a great high from doing so well :P). Last year I met up with a friend that did the interview before me and I decided to go on the tour with her since I had time to spare before my interview. It was a bad choice for me because I couldn't concentrate on what the tour guide was saying and was worried about missing my interview in case we got trapped in the elevator or something. Anyways, I digress. Hopefully it'll go well for you guys and good luck again!

Are there any good and low-cost hotels in London that anyone could recommend?

most hotels that u'll find in london r either near 401 (south london) or downtown (middle london). either way...london is a small enough city that u cud stay in either place. i'm assuming ur driving..so on a saturday or sunday a hotel from south london to western (north london) will take about 15-20 min max (depending on traffic...which usually isn't bad at all on wknds). i think the hotels r holiday inn, comfort inn, ramada inn, 4 points and courtyard inn.

downtown is closer to western. i think there's a comfort inn downtown as well, hilton etc pretty much the same standard stuff. i'm not sure about prices.

as for parking...i think it's $4 flat flate on wknds at western...or sometimes they r really nice and leave the gate open :D

hey guys, I just joined the forum. I emailed Trish and she told me that the interview emails will be sent out within this week. I have not received anything as yet. So worried as to what will happen???? I do recall getting some 'post failed' emails 2-3 times in my inbox in the uft account. Do you think that it is a possibility that she emailed me and I didn't receive it?

Trying to be positive "fingers crossed"

Thanks for the info Coolwater. So does this mean that all the interview invitations as well as the rejections were emailed last week. And all those who are left behind are the wait listed people????

Can't wait to find out what is really happening!!!

Also, nothing gets stored in my junk mail. I tried to look into the filter options for my utoroid mail, but I did not come across anything that could tell me if it went directly into my junk mail and got deleted. Well, i guess Monday is like tomorrow so everything Godwilling will be resolved.

I just applied to UFT and UWO. UFT unfortunately did not take me. I had a lot of hope associated with UWO..lets see what happens..Godwilling something good:)

I have already passed this information to someone who messaged me privately so I am not sure if the location is available.

When I visited London, I stayed at a Bed & Breakfast which was a 10 mins walk from UWO. I had a great time and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a place to stay for a few days. Mr. Duffield was extremely accomodating and even picked me up at the greyhound station. He provided me with house keys and offered me a bike to check out London. These extra's can only come from a wonderful host and a great town. It does have that small town flavor where everyone is happy to help you out. Below is the information.

NOTE: I have no relations with the business. It was just a random place I chose when I was looking for brief accomodations. It just turned out to be a great place.

The B&B is called Field House Services - Bed and Breakfast. They are located in

30 Heathcote Avenue

London, ONT

N6G 1V4

Thanks for the info Coolwater. So does this mean that all the interview invitations as well as the rejections were emailed last week. And all those who are left behind are the wait listed people????

Can't wait to find out what is really happening!!!

I don't believe this is the case. I think we are getting rejection letters and not e-mails. I haven't e-mailed or talked to Trish but I re-read the e-mail of confirmation sent out a while back and it says that the rejection "letters" will be sent at the same time along with the interview e-mails. I think we will be receiving the letters next week. I am kinda surprised too cause when I look at the stats for last year and previous years for interviews I am higher than average and I did quite well on the dat. I guess the double cohort must have made it much more competitive this year.

Oh..well, when I contacted Trish, she said that she will be emailing soon once they decide for the interview. I still have the hope. Lets try to be optimistic here and hope for the best. I guess everything will be clear once Trish replies to my email. I will also try calling her.

ALL the BEST!!!

I don't believe this is the case. I think we are getting rejection letters and not e-mails. I haven't e-mailed or talked to Trish but I re-read the e-mail of confirmation sent out a while back and it says that the rejection "letters" will be sent at the same time along with the interview e-mails. I think we will be receiving the letters next week. I am kinda surprised too cause when I look at the stats for last year and previous years for interviews I am higher than average and I did quite well on the dat. I guess the double cohort must have made it much more competitive this year.

avgs have certainly hit the sky this time. either that, or uow has some weird cut offs (that will only be made available to people who go for interviews).

as far as letter/emails are concerned, im not sure what the deal is. if you guys have any concerns, call up Trish and ask her. she's one of the nicest people you'll ever come across. infact, last year, she even gave out my post interview decision to me by phone, because I was shifting and couldnt recieve mails.

Goldenboy6,

Just a thought - did you do a 5 year full-time undergrad? Because I know in the past, people found out that they combined 2 of the years into 1 and that worked against some people who ended up having their 3rd best year counted.

However, don't lose hope until you see a rejection email/letter. There's no need to lose sleep over it until then.

Just got an email back from Trish, there were also rejection emails sent out at the same time. I just got my rejection, although she said that she was not sure why I did not get the email last week. Apparently there were over 660 applicants this year

I am wondering why she did not reply to my email as yet. I emailed her on Friday night. When did you email her that she replied to you so soon???

Still have the hope for something good (Godwilling)

avgs have certainly hit the sky this time. either that, or uow has some weird cut offs (that will only be made available to people who go for interviews).

as far as letter/emails are concerned, im not sure what the deal is. if you guys have any concerns, call up Trish and ask her. she's one of the nicest people you'll ever come across. infact, last year, she even gave out my post interview decision to me by phone, because I was shifting and couldnt recieve mails.

I definitely agree with you. Trish is really encouraging so I shall contact her first thing in the morning tomorrow. Everyone please hang in there...and lets hope for the best. I know its hard but what can be done other than be optimisitic about it.

I am wondering why she did not reply to my email as yet. I emailed her on Friday night. When did you email her that she replied to you so soon???

Still have the hope for something good (Godwilling)

I sent the email at 4:00pm pacific time on friday. I was not expecting a reply until monday but i got a response today

I sent the email at 4:00pm pacific time on friday. I was not expecting a reply until monday but i got a response today

hmm..well, i emailed her later that night. But if she was able to reply to you today, then she must have come across mine. I don't know...this is all so confusing. All we can do is hope for the best.

Archived