Premed 101 Forums

Final transcripts and course/program completion

Hi there,

I am currently in a diploma program which I thought I will complete by fall 2007 and am now realizing that this may not happen. I did get invited for an interview and am waiting for their final decision. I wonder whether ubc cares about that? Are they only asking for grad courses and prereq course completion? Do you think this will blow up my chances totally? I don't know what to do at this point really. If you guys have had any experiences or know of a reliable source of advice/information, I would really appreciate that.

Thank you,

H2O

This should not blow your chances as only grad work and prereq's must be completed by April 30. I am not sure how much diploma work transfers over to UBC, I guess it would depend on where it was being taken.

As long as you have completed 90 credits and your prereq's it is just waiting and waiting and waiting.

the shaka

Hi there,

I am currently in a diploma program which I thought I will complete by fall 2007 and am now realizing that this may not happen. I did get invited for an interview and am waiting for their final decision. I wonder whether ubc cares about that? Are they only asking for grad courses and prereq course completion? Do you think this will blow up my chances totally? I don't know what to do at this point really. If you guys have had any experiences or know of a reliable source of advice/information, I would really appreciate that.

Thank you,

H2O

i think it'd be easiest just to call them. you'd probably get an answer within 5 minutes. you'd be able to start hurrying your program completion or negotiating with them once you find out. would probably put you more at ease.

i think it'd be easiest just to call them. you'd probably get an answer within 5 minutes. you'd be able to start hurrying your program completion or negotiating with them once you find out. would probably put you more at ease.

Thank you ALL for your answers. I did think about calling the office; but, as you might imagine, I am a bit afraid of putting a RED flag myself in my application by reminding them that: here I am having trouble finishing my degree; watch out for me.

I understand that this fear may not have solid ground; but, at such a delicate position (after the interview; before that final selection), calling the office seems like a risk. This is why I appreciate this board and the insights you all have provided.

Many thanks,

H2O

Thank you ALL for your answers. I did think about calling the office; but, as you might imagine, I am a bit afraid of putting a RED flag myself in my application by reminding them that: here I am having trouble finishing my degree; watch out for me.

I understand that this fear may not have solid ground; but, at such a delicate position (after the interview; before that final selection), calling the office seems like a risk. This is why I appreciate this board and the insights you all have provided.

Many thanks,

H2O

i'd suggest maybe calling from a public phone and raising a "hypothetical situation" kinda thing in that case. seems it'd be in your best interest to know now and hopefully be able to hurry it up and finish on time instead of finding out later. the "hypothetical question" could make it sound like you're actually a prospective applicant for next year and are doing your due dilligence before you apply.

in the meantime... the waiting... so much nervous, nervous waiting... judgement day will come soon enough

Archived