Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlist Thread

Bravo!! See you in September :)

New stats out there, this year they interviewed not 200 but 250 students for 90-91 university spots. Dayum (Thanks god they did though, I was waitlisted for initial interview, got it in April...)

Weird... They told us there was only 19 in the university group in April

Weird indeed, as before us being interviewed in April, the website said 200 people were interviewed. 200+19=219 haha

I interviewed in February and had been originally waitlisted. I also spoke w another candidate during the interview and she had also been wait listed and then invited a week or so after the initial invites were sent out. Likely the remaining 31 people were invited then?

By the way, anyone knows if and when are we getting an ''official'' letter of admission? The pdf one on Minerva is only conditionnal...

I don't think we actually get an office letter of admission.  After registration opens in June, we can register for the year and then print the proof of enrollment off of minerva.

Oh and another annoying question: for McGill students who got into med at McGill, is there anyone still waiting for their Final Official University Transcript to be processed by McGill on their Minerva page? It's done automatically by McGill, still waiting for it to be processed although I got approved for graduation a few days ago <_<

I'm still waiting for the transcript thing to be processed. I'm not sure if you have to be graduated for them to receive the final official university transcript. If so, I'm in trouble since I have no idea when I'm actually graduating. But since the transcript is an internal thing I figure I'll just wait and let mcgill sort it out. 

Hi,

I am waitlisted in the IP category. 

Anyone knows if it occured in the past that the IP waitlist did not move at all?

I work fulltime as a jr. eng. and I can't wait to get a fix on this. It is quite wierd to get to the office every morning and work with my colleagues with this little/big secret in my head. In the end, I hope I'll be able to announce my resignation at least 4 to 6 weeks in advance if I am to get an admission offer in the end.

I read the 2014 "ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS OF CANADIAN FACULTIES OF MEDICINE". It shows the waitlist moved between 9 to 26 spots it the past 5 years (excluding 2014-2015), but, obviously, it does not provide distinct statistics for the different applicant categories. With the international waitlist already at #6, that's basically 1/4 of the highest movement registered on all waitlists in the past and it's 2/3 of 2012-2013 total waitlists movements

Thanks in advance

Best of luck to all of you!

I know someone who got in on off the IP wait list last year, but the offer didn't go out till sometime early-mid June.

International decisions go out faster because of a longer process they may require with visa applications and the like. Decisions for most Canadian schools only went out a week or two ago. With 2-3 weeks to make a decision, there's still people holding multiple offers and not made a decision yet.

Since McGill gave out their decisions over two months ago, it feels like a really long wait, but there should be lots of movement in the coming weeks.

Oh and another annoying question: for McGill students who got into med at McGill, is there anyone still waiting for their Final Official University Transcript to be processed by McGill on their Minerva page? It's done automatically by McGill, still waiting for it to be processed although I got approved for graduation a few days ago <_<

My Final Official transcript was received Friday. 

My other transcript (from another university) was requested Wednesday and sent Friday too

Another question about waitlist possibilities! I'm currently on the oop list and I'm not sure whether to stop hoping or not, since the waitlist has only moved by one so far.
Should I give up, or when do you guys think I should hold out till?