Premed 101 Forums

Which schools look at last 3 years for admission?

x-treme

Ottawa! I believe your last year is weighted most heavily (x3), 2nd to last year (x2) and the one before that (x1)...I don't know their min gpa...check their website.

Western considers best 2 years...current cutoff is a gpa of 3.7 in each of those 2 years

Queens considers last 2 years...current cutoff is an avg gpa of 3.78 in those 2 years

For Ottawa and Western, you need 5 full-courses/year...for Queen's, 4/yr seems to be okay.

Ottawa! I believe your last year is weighted most heavily (x3), 2nd to last year (x2) and the one before that (x1)...I don't know their min gpa...check their website.

Western considers best 2 years...current cutoff is a gpa of 3.7 in each of those 2 years

Queens considers last 2 years...current cutoff is an avg gpa of 3.78 in those 2 years

For Ottawa and Western, you need 5 full-courses/year...for Queen's, 4/yr seems to be okay.

Ps, UofT's weighting formula if you took a full course load let's you drop your lowest 4.0 marks (if you're done a degree) and your lowest 3.0 credit worth of marks if you're in your 4th year. Often that's enough to get rid of many poor courses you may have had in first year.

So if you do an extra year to boost marks, will Queen's consider the 5th year the last or will it only focus on the penultimate and final years of your degree?

Here's my situation. I have to stay one extra year because I don't have enough space to accommodate the required statistics and physiology courses for grad school. I don't want to do an overload next year because I want to do well on my research nad lab courses while also accommodating other commitments at the same time.

So if you do an extra year to boost marks, will Queen's consider the 5th year the last or will it only focus on the penultimate and final years of your degree?

Here's my situation. I have to stay one extra year because I don't have enough space to accommodate the required statistics and physiology courses for grad school. I don't want to do an overload next year because I want to do well on my research nad lab courses while also accommodating other commitments at the same time.

If you apply during your 5th year, Queens will consider years 3 & 4.

If you apply after your 5th year, it will consider years 4 & 5.

Archived