Premed 101 Forums

imagine this time next month

i don't know about you guys, but in four weeks from now, me and my friends that applied are sure going to be pacing back and forth a lot. i can see myself getting anxious once May hits. then starting around the 12/13, checking the login screen a few times every day.... every hour... every few minutes... as we get closer to mid-May. lol. oh boy!!!!!

i work may 15 and i'm torn as to whether or not i should take that day off. i can't imagine sitting at work all day knowing full well that if i go on the computer i will be able to get the news... on the other hand i would like to avoid ruining my day at work should that news be bad. ahh!

maybe they will surprise us and we'll find out on the 14th or something?

There is nothing "official" that actually states the 15th is the day, is there? I know admissions will only say "mid May" when I inquired a while back......

I would still plan to work on the 15th and check at the computer at the end of my shift....

Last year when the news hit and UBC gave me the punch in the face I was at work. Very few people know that I have applied to Med and certainly no one at work does ( I have been a chiropractor for six years). I was suprised at how well I handled the disappointment.

Now after getting some advising from Adcom I was able to strengthen my application considerably (due to omissions and better presentation etc.) If I get the No this time I think it will really hurt.

For some reason the wait isn't as bad this year. I guess I'll see how the next few weeks go.

shaka

it'd be funny if everyone tries to refresh their status that day and the system crash haha. but that shouldn't be likely since they do this every year :P

but i'd imagine this forum getting the highest number of visitors on may15 ahahaha

ya...i think so too...ever since the MCAT got split in 17,342 sessions per year...there's really no more reason for the excitement.

Last year when the news hit and UBC gave me the punch in the face I was at work. Very few people know that I have applied to Med and certainly no one at work does ( I have been a chiropractor for six years). I was suprised at how well I handled the disappointment.

Now after getting some advising from Adcom I was able to strengthen my application considerably (due to omissions and better presentation etc.) If I get the No this time I think it will really hurt.

For some reason the wait isn't as bad this year. I guess I'll see how the next few weeks go.

shaka

i know what you mean, but i think you've got to have a certain amount of faith. but yeh... getting the thumbs down is a very humbling experience lol.

Archived