Premed 101 Forums

Is it possible to get 4yr honours BA and 4yr BSc but not simultaneously

This is kind of a simple question but say I have enough courses for a regular 4 yr BSc degree in one subject and also have the required courses for a 4 yr BA honours degree in another subject, is it possible to get a 4 yr BSc AND a 4 yr honours BA?

I know I can't do a double major as one is regular and the other is honours but can I get both degrees by the end of the 4th year?

Thanks.

Definitely not. The fact that it's 2 different degrees is irrelevant since you want courses to apply to both. That's like asking for two BSc degrees if you meet the requirements for both the Biology program and the Honours Science program.

Definitely not. The fact that it's 2 different degrees is irrelevant since you want courses to apply to both. That's like asking for two BSc degrees if you meet the requirements for both the Biology program and the Honours Science program.

So basically one can't get credit for essentially and unofficially completing a 2nd 4 yr regular BSc/BA degree?

What's the difference between this situation and situations involving people who are "going for a 2nd undergrad degree" or w/e...

So basically one can't get credit for essentially and unofficially completing a 2nd 4 yr regular BSc/BA degree?

What's the difference between this situation and situations involving people who are "going for a 2nd undergrad degree" or w/e...

When going for a second degree (I start mine in the fall), you only get to count 1/2 of your credits from your first degree from your second degree. You must complete a minimum of 50% of the credits for your second degree while registered in that program. In the scenario you are talking about, you would be asking for all the credits from one degree to count for a second degree.

Elaine

When going for a second degree (I start mine in the fall), you only get to count 1/2 of your credits from your first degree from your second degree. You must complete a minimum of 50% of the credits for your second degree while registered in that program. In the scenario you are talking about, you would be asking for all the credits from one degree to count for a second degree.

Elaine

Yes, this is correct for my school as well.

It might be possible. It depends how many extra credits you took. If you simply took the minimum number of credits, but satisfy the requirements of both, then probably not. But if you took quite a few extra credits, then maybe. Ask your university's advising office to look at your transcript in detail.

Archived