Premed 101 Forums

Hope..???, even after messing up 2nd year

Hey everyone

I know this girl, she has a transfer GPA of 3.47(from the previous bachelors degree at a university, outside Canada). She completed her 2nd year in UofT with a GPA of 3.0. She's stressing out like never before.

The reason, will she be able to make it to med school?

Jus wanna know how is OMSAS gona look at her profile and what are the chances that she would be considered a good, and competitive applicant?

Any motivational comments would be highly appreciated.

thanks

Oh, this is a whole degree she has completed?

Or is it just 2 years that are screwed up? If it is, you'll see people have answered how GPA is weighted at many schools in the thread I linked to...

Also, a quick look at the med schools' websites will let you see what the current cutoffs were.

Yeah, and she got the credit for the degree in the form of 1st year GPA of 3.47.

Yeah, it's not that different of a situation... I don't mean to sound mean or anything, but people are constantly replying to the same information day after day. Especially since you just posted such a similar topic where people told you about weighting formulas and how they can help you out... the same thing applies. You're going to get the exact same replies...

"If her next 2 years are good she can apply to Queen's and Western"

"Ottawa has a weighting formula for last 3 years"

"UT has a weighting formula that might help her out"

"Apply to the US"

^

All those standard responses will be given out again... Do you see why it gets tiring to explain the same thing over and over again?

Yeah, it's not that different of a situation... I don't mean to sound mean or anything, but people are constantly replying to the same information day after day. Especially since you just posted such a similar topic where people told you about weighting formulas and how they can help you out... the same thing applies. You're going to get the exact same replies...

"If her next 2 years are good she can apply to Queen's and Western"

"Ottawa has a weighting formula for last 3 years"

"UT has a weighting formula that might help her out"

"Apply to the US"

^

All those standard responses will be given out again... Do you see why it gets tiring to explain the same thing over and over again?

thanks TheLaw

yea I know what you mean.

I was really curious about this case in particular jus cuz she got her credit for 1st year(which was done at another university, outside Canada), so how will UofT assess her case, like I mean how will they use the weighting formula, will they include the 1st year or what?

thanks again

thanks TheLaw

yea I know what you mean.

I was really curious about this case in particular jus cuz she got her credit for 1st year(which was done at another university, outside Canada), so how will UofT assess her case, like I mean how will they use the weighting formula, will they include the 1st year or what?

thanks again

I don't see why they would not.

The other thing is, marks are just one SMALL part of the application... they give people an idea of what type of "chance" they have ... it can help tell if people can get past preliminary screening, but there is SO MUCH more to getting into med school so we really can't say whether or not anyone will get in.

I hope I don't sound mean or anything, it's just the forum is being littered with so many posts on the SAME issue. Perhaps we should create a sticky. I'll try to do that tomorrow regarding "Low GPAs and possible solutions"

Also, we're all here to help each other. :) So I don't want you to feel like you can't post on the forum...

I don't see why they would not.

The other thing is, marks are just one SMALL part of the application... they give people an idea of what type of "chance" they have ... will people get past preliminary screening, but there is SO MUCH more to getting into med school sowe really can't say whether or not anyone will get in.

I hope I don't sound mean or anything, it's just the forum is being literred with so many posts on the SAME issue. Perhaps we should create a sticky. I'll try to do that tomorrow regarding "Low GPAs and possible solutions"

Also, we're all here to help each other. :) So I don't want you to feel like you can't post on the forum...

hey thanks a lot for the quick response and I m really sorry for 'littering the posts'...LOL, u know its just the curiosity and of course the anxiety what makes me do that.

Oh btw, I am from Brampton as well:)

hey thanks a lot for the quick response and I m really sorry for 'littering the posts'...LOL, u know its just the curiosity and of course the anxiety what makes me do that.

Oh btw, I am from Brampton as well:)

Haha nice, us B-towners gotta stick together! lol

Anyway, I think a mod should lock this thread now.

Archived