Premed 101 Forums

do your undergrad grades expire?

Pre-reqs do expire at McGill. I emailed admissions individually to double check this year and I was good for all of Ontario. The grades are going to follow me around until I die though.

So wait, the pre-req credit isn't counted in the GPA when they expire?

Do you know how long they expire after?

HA! My degree is from 1995 with some pre-reqs taken in fall 1990! :D (5 year coop program)

Oh, I can see you are out of the cave for a while :) Believe me, I just took a very, very long time to do my first degree. I started in 1990 after dropping out in my first year after highschool. I finally completed my Biology degree after 6 years! I danced around a bit. I thought I wanted to major in Business/Commerce, but soon learned I'm not cut-throat enough for that. Then my Economics teacher asked me out on a "date"...I think that sort of stuff is illegal now...YUCK!!!. Anyway, that sealed the deal for me....Business out, Biology in. My first degree is really not that pretty...some of my pre-requistes are sadly enough from 1990 too. Ah...those were the days....too bad I didn't keep some of my "fashions" from those days b/c I can see they are back in style now. I'm in Japan right now, and everyone here is wearing high-heels, leg warmers, big plastic earrings, and mini skirts...eek!!! Maybe I should have tried that for my interview:p

I guess if diversity and perseverence count, then that is why I'm waiting to find out if I get in or not this year. :rolleyes:

Leg warmers rock!:D Japanese chicks have some pretty bizarre fashions. My brother in law was over there and he brought back pics of all these 20 yearolds dressed up like baby dolls. :P weird

Weird is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure some people in other countries would be amazed by the funny-looking uggs/flipflops, bizarre over-sized sunglasses, and the low-cut, sleeveless tank-tops we have over here :P

My father actually recently applied for a Master's program at U of T and they requested his undergrad grades (he has an MD). They are from the 60's!! Anywho, when he contacted U of T for his transcript, they informed him that the records had been burned in a fire and could only inform the master's program that he had passed. Too funny! Thank goodness the program took exception and accepted him anyways. :P

Archived