Premed 101 Forums

Acceptance day....

I will go to work bright and early. I will get no work done whatsoever because I will spend the first part of the day desperately checking my email, the login site, and the forums every 5 minutes. After the news arrives, I will call everyone (parents, brothers, friends, etc) either to cry or to rejoice. And then I will go home after having done nothing at work all day and possibly drink myself into an oblivion.

I will go for a nice long walk on the beach with my dog, sit and watch the seals, check out the spring flowers, scramble on the rock bluffs, and hike through the woods. Then I'll come home and play my guitar; hopefully I will be playing happy songs.

do we know for sure it's going to happen on the 15th?

No... but most people on this forum think it will be, and for good reason. So unless it comes out earlier, it will be a stressful day.

I remember last year it was leaked that the 15th was the day the results would come out, so I expect this year as 'the day' approaches, it will be leaked and we will know for sure when to expect it.

As for me, I will probably spend most of the 15th unsuccessfully trying to tear myself away from the computer to do something productive. Then I'll give up and guiltlessly keep checking.

D

do we know for sure it's going to happen on the 15th?

A bunch of schools across Canada coordinate their acceptance day emails. Officially, these include the Ontario schools who formally say May 15th, but unofficially, this also includes the 2 Alberta schools and UBC. So provided this coordination is still true this year (and there doesn't seem to be a reason not to be since UBC says "mid-May"), then it would be on May 15th.

Does anyone remember when during the day it happened?

It's going to be really hard to get to bed the night before. I'll probably spend the lead up preparing myself for a rejection. It'll be tough having to tell everyone that've been rooting for me that I didn't get in.

Does anyone remember when during the day it happened?

It's going to be really hard to get to bed the night before. I'll probably spend the lead up preparing myself for a rejection. It'll be tough having to tell everyone that've been rooting for me that I didn't get in.

Haha, this will only make it worse for you. I remember last year the acceptances went out first (maybe 9:30-noon) and then the waitlists and rejections started rolling in afterwards (1pm onwards). So if you still hadn't heard by 2pm, you should start to be worried.

It is really hard to tell everyone that you didn't get in. Especially your friends who think "of course you're going to get in because you're so smart - they'd be stupid not to accept you" and your referees who were so kind to write you letters. *Sigh* But that's what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have been reading the posts for about two weeks now, I'm pretty new but I wanted to say I find it really helpful. Now I check it a couple of times a day to see if there is any new postings. I guess it's sort of a fill in for checking the UBC application status since every time i check that there are no changes but here there is an update at least every day. I was reading the posts from around the time leading up to and after the 15th last year and reading about all the people waiting to hear if they go in, i could really feel the stress....bad idea. Anyway, it's nice to know there are others out there as anxious as me.

Thanks!

Archived