Premed 101 Forums

July MCAT

phantom

nice, a little over 3 months and a little under three for me! It is my second time writing the mcat though which is quite frustrating haha. The first go around was last august and I was fairly confident going in as my last practice test was a 33 with fairly even scores across (but that was on AAMC 9). I was taking the Kaplan course too but I made sure I saved my materials, also have EK except I have written in the actual passages.

On actual test day I just lost concentration during physical sciences because the door was open and I had to tell the proctor to keep on shutting it (the registers were yappin in the hall:eek: lol . overall I came close which was frustrating (atleast for cutoffs) as I got a 29 Q with a 10, 10, 9 ... physical, verbal and bio... there was 1 passage in bio that i got killed on , it was an EKG passage but good thing I know it now :D

Anywho, I will be doing self studying with my materials and textbooks... I was indifferent to writing the exam again this summer as I will be involved stem cell research and also due to other volunteer activities I am currently involved in so hopefully my studying in the night will be good enough to get me into shape.

I just finished an extensive physiology course in school with an exam for that coming up in a couple days and a molecular bio course so my plan of attack so to speak is to focus on organic chem and weak aspects of chemistry and tackle physics all over again :eek: If that can be done in a months time or a month in a half time then I can start by taking more tests ...

The good thing about July is that if you learned material from class just last semester, you probably will have more recall and as well, IQ does drop later on in the summer :cool:

good luck!

it'll be my first :( I'm working 25 hours a week and will be doing a sport for maybe 4-10 so I'm a little worried on time..... although my friend did do an NSERC grant of 40+ hours a week and got a 39!!!!!!

And 2nd time's the charm :-) You'll know exactly what to expect so that's good, I'm actually worried I'll just forget everything or just freak out or something :(

I'll need to pay MAJOR attention to physics....... I haven't taken it since grade 11!!!!!!! and orgo lol because I really truly did not pay attention in that course.

Hey guys, I just got in to the Hamilton site, at 8am even though I live in Toronto but I do go to Mac. This will be my first time around and I had planned to take the Kaplan test prep course with a couple of friends but since I couldn't get into the Aug sites, I guess I'll have to study by myself.

What do you guys recommend, the Examkrackers package or the Gold Standard?

Yes, same boat. Wrote it last august scored PS14, BS13, VR9, Q. Verbal held me back so here goes strike 2! Very frustrating as VR wasn't an issue during practice (11-13). Advice to those taking it for the first time: try to stay calm and focus on your test. Do NOT get excited. Take a few deep breaths and go for it!

Good luck champs!

Archived