Premed 101 Forums

So, 60% of us will be rejected, I know we need to stay positive and so i am wondering what your plans are for reapplying? how are you preparing? I have taken on more volunteer work and am volunteering in England for two weeks. this will bump up my sad travel entry and volunteer time. How about you guys?

I'll probably *gasp* write the MCAT again. Although all the seats seem to be taken up everywhere. I've been told that seats open up closer to the dates because people switch or drop out.

My marks this year will help boost my last 60 credits and overall gpa (as long as I don't bomb this physio exam tomorrow).

And I'll just keep adding to my ECs. I have a very clear idea of the kind of medecine that I want to practice so it's easy to thing of ECs that would beef up my credibility. It helps that I approach my ECs as preparing me to be the kind of doctor i want to be (not just preparing me to get into med school).

I'm also going to Berling for 10 days at the end of May! I'll either be celebrating or drowning my sorrows. It'll be fun either way. My boyfriend is also playing the Vancouver and Calgary Folk festivals, maybe a couple of others around BC, and they're always a good time (and I get to put them down as an EC).

Mostly, I'm going to try and remember that although getting into medical school is my primary goal right now, I don't want it to take away from my enjoyment of other parts of life (which it kind of feels like it's doing during this waiting period). My three and a half year old helps a lot with that. He got dressed all by himself today! Getting into med school is one thing, but getting dressed on your own for the first time... that's an achievement.

Archived