Premed 101 Forums

Official UofT Results: Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected

If are accepted to uoft dents, will you accept?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If are accepted to uoft dents, will you accept?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

:rolleyes: Hey everyone!

Well I'm getting pretty anxious for April 27th and wanted to procrastinate a little bit, so I thought I'd make this the official acceptance/rejected/waitlisted thread. Here we can all countdown together for the hopefully good news that will come and post our results! :D

So feel free to post whenever and whatever (well almost :P ) you want!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd post the email I got last year. Something for you all to look forward to. Although the email initially seems like a rejection letter, it does come with an attachment for acceptance or rejection. Good luck all!

Cheers,

:)

----------------------------------------

Date: Apr 25, 2006 10:33 AM

Subject: DDS Program

The Admissions Committee has finalized decisions regarding entry into the Doctor of Dental Surgery Program for the 2006-2007 session. The results of your application are attached.

Respectfully yours,

Admissions Chair

Faculty of Dentistry

University of Toronto

--------------------------------------------

Admissions Office

Faculty of Dentistry

University of Toronto

124 Edward Street, Room 104

Toronto, ON M5G 1G6

Canada

1T0 Dents letter was from last year :P (but i could be wrong... maybe he had early acceptance last year :P)

Does anyone know how the waitlist work? Will they say "you've been waitlisted" as opposed to "accepted" or "rejected". Or does U of T just send out several acceptances expecting some to decline the offer?

1T0 Dents letter was from last year :P (but i could be wrong... maybe he had early acceptance last year :P)

Does anyone know how the waitlist work? Will they say "you've been waitlisted" as opposed to "accepted" or "rejected". Or does U of T just send out several acceptances expecting some to decline the offer?

Hi,

Yes I did get accepted early last year. They will start mailing candidates on the 25th & 26th for early acceptances, and then on 27th most of the acceptances and rejection will go out at same time. For for waiting list, yes they do indicate "WAITING LIST" if your put on that list. At UofT, they do tell you what spot of the waiting list you are at. Those who don't get in first round but are in top 15-20 waitlist can expect to have a decent shot at getting in.

But on that comment above about early acceptances, please don't start to get nervous or have doubts if you don't see an email before the 27th, I'm not sure how they rank their mailing list.

cheers,

Hi,

Yes I did get accepted early last year. They will start mailing candidates on the 25th & 26th for early acceptances, and then on 27th most of the acceptances and rejection will go out at same time. For for waiting list, yes they do indicate "WAITING LIST" if your put on that list. At UofT, they do tell you what spot of the waiting list you are at. Those who don't get in first round but are in top 15-20 waitlist can expect to have a decent shot at getting in.

But on that comment above about early acceptances, please don't start to get nervous or have doubts if you don't see an email before the 27th, I'm not sure how they rank their mailing list.

cheers,

I can't seem to find the class composite from last year...just wondering if anyone I know got in.

1TO dents...i dont remember there being an early acceptance last year for u of T?? I dont remember anyone in class talking about an early acceptance...only waitlisters. and hey, shouldnt you be studying for community?

i called the dept. The lady said they were sending out invites on friday...nothing again of an early acceptance. beginning to think this whole early acceptance is a farce ...u of t doesnt play that way ....

i called the dept. The lady said they were sending out invites on friday...nothing again of an early acceptance. beginning to think this whole early acceptance is a farce ...u of t doesnt play that way ....

I think what you need to do is to relax. Acceptances come whether early or late...It will come............ so relax. And yes UofT plays this way. Unfortunately they play in many ways once ur in 1st year as well.

1TO dents...i dont remember there being an early acceptance last year for u of T?? I dont remember anyone in class talking about an early acceptance...only waitlisters. and hey, shouldnt you be studying for community?

Ask around, I'm sure many got it on 25th or 26th. Yes community, but NO I ain't studying for it, just reading the old tests as the rest of the class is. Nutrition wasn't all that bad today eh?

I know that a lot of the 1st years on interview day said they got letters on the 26th. So they'll be coming soon guys! We'll just have to wait.:P

I'm sure you'll be getting good news. I've seen many of ur posts and you seem dedicated to getting in. Let us know how it goes!

Archived