Premed 101 Forums

4th year fall semester GPA

I am almost certain on this, perhaps someone can back me up. Fourth year fall marks go into the pre-req and cum. GPA, but fourth year winter marks do not...they are instead only assessed to make sure you have met the minimum "acceptable" GPA. All this of course assuming you are referring to a fourth year applicant applying in november of their fourth (and final) undergrad year.

Hey,

As far as I know, the FALL marks for 4th year are included, and like tallguy said, the winter ones are only used to make sure you make your respective cutoff for your particular application group. The only exception I think is if you get waitlisted, then your winter grades could bump you up or down on the waitlist ranking. But don't quote me on that one.

"Acceptances are provisional; one of the conditions is that the official transcript for courses just completed shows maintenance of an overall average of 3.3/4.0 for 4-Yr Alberta, 3.5/4.0 for Non-Alberta and 3.7/4.0 for the 2/3-Year pool converted to match the University of Alberta 4.0 scale. Applicants currently registered in a university or college is required to forward final transcripts as soon as possible after final examinations are completed, no later than June 15th."

Seems to suggest neither fall or winter are calculated into the cumulative gpa...right?

Well, at least it must be true for out of province people, since they technically can send their transcripts after an offer of admission :P

Well actually I think you can even upgrade pre-reqs using winter term grades...I'm just not sure about the cumulative grades. I called them and they said that you just have to maintain your overall average...but whatever... 16 days and we'll know for sure. Also, for those who are waiting to hear from Calgary, I phoned and they don't really have any gpa that you have to maintain (the person on the phone said you'd have to do extremely bad for them to withdraw the offer).

Archived