Premed 101 Forums

Judgement Day sooner than anticipated?

Hi there,

the judgement day (final decision) might actually come sooner this week than we anticipate!? Maybe even tomorrow? They have started a month earlier with the application cycles. They may surprise us even :rolleyes:

It is becoming very difficult to get through this time. I am not too impatient to hear about the decision soon; I am only very scared and even wish that they would not get back to us for another month or longer...

H2O.

I can't take another minute! I feel Sick to my stomach all the time! And now you've really got me freaked! Did you get this as info or is this just your gut feeling or a haunch?

Thanks

Hi Dr. McCool,

I am sorry to have freaked you. This is not from any information or discussion with anyone etc. I am just thinking that this may be possible. Don't worry, you are not alone: I am also really sick in my stomach; have knots in my throat and stomach. I have so much to do; exams, work, presentation, assignments etc. Can't seem to get anything done.

Take care,

H2O

I feel sick too. I can't sleep at night, I'm getting pimples on my face (I'm in my thirties...not normal!), I'm fidgety,....

I hate the waiting. I'm sure, we won't hear anything until the 15th. It seems to be the "agreed" upon date amongst most schools? Don't you think? I would welcome an early surprise though....(if it is a good one). I hear you guys.......:(

Last year, people were very sure that the release date was May 15th, and as a result, some people decided to set up a chat room to share their joys/sorrows in anticipation for that date. My memory is a bit fuzzy. Can someone tell me how they came up with that date? Was there a leak? Was it just pure speculation that got lucky?

Thanks

AnxiousBoy

(you know how i'm feeling right now:D :D :D )

I understand that UBC says "mid-May" but that it has been consistently the 15th for 2 or 3 years now and that is to sycronize with other schools that send out acceptances on the 15th as a rule. I got this info from reading old posts on this forum. I agree with Robarakira, I'm sure that our fates are already sealed and we just have to wait anyway.

I understand that UBC says "mid-May" but that it has been consistently the 15th for 2 or 3 years now and that is to sycronize with other schools that send out acceptances on the 15th as a rule.QUOTE]

In my Opinion,

It will be May 15th. It has been for the last few years. Yes, they co-ordinate the day with the other schools - which state May 15th.

Next Tuesday. 8 days and counting.

2 things to look for...

1 - the acceptances are in green writing and rejections in red. that will let you know before you even can read it.

2 - acceptances the last couple years were earlier - ie 9am. and the rejections follow - afternoon.

What you want is green writing first thing in the morning!

Best of luck in getting the green.

d

man i wasn't stressed until i read this thread. so much for my calm and cool composure this year...

actually i had a dream last night that i checked my status online and all i could see was green text, but it was all blurry and i couldn't completely read it, so i wasn't sure what it said. i was running around trying to find a computer that worked, and people kept asking me if i was accepted or not, and i didn't know for sure, and i couldn't find a computer that had internet anywhere... i was soooo annoyed when i woke up this morning, so the first thing i did was check my status online. although there was no news of course, it did make me feel a little better.

gahhh...

Hi everyone,

I know the anticipation of waiting to find out! Apparently in 2005 the 15th was a Sunday, so they released the results on the 13th. So then last year we were all convinced the results would come out early... and had to wait til the 15th (a Monday). Then we all woke up early and hit "refresh" every 10 seconds until the results came in! Very nerve-wracking indeed. I would (seriously) recommend taking the day off work - if it's good news, you'll want to celebrate. If it's not, you probably won't feel like going to work.

Many of us did hang out in the chatroom last year, which was very therapeutic! Be aware that although the acceptance notices usually come out earlier, they don't all happen at once. They seemed to happen in waves last year, so don't give up just because someone has gotten accepted and yours hasn't changed colour yet. You don't know for sure until you see your own status change!

Good luck! Hope to see you all next year :)

TL

I'm in my thirties...not normal!
What's abnormal about being in your 30's hahaha

I can't wait till the 15th. I feel good and I hope my news makes me feel even better. If not then ARRRGGHH! But at least we get file reviews to find out where we #&*%ed up.

Hi there,

now do you guys feel like it may happen tomorrow? Until yesterday, some of you convinced me that it will have to be the 15th! But, now I have a gut feeling that it may happen tomorrow...

Tough night tonight,

H2O.

i think there might be a chance it will happen tomorrow too. at least judging by my stress level at the moment, my body seems to think so.

everywhere else in canada is on the 15th, but as far as I know, ubc doesn't have any 'agreements' per se with other schools to release on the 15th. so why not tomorrow?

Archived