Premed 101 Forums

Looking for lodging

Hello!

I am a third year medical student from McGill coming to UBC for a 4 weeks elective starting July 14. I am looking for lodging close to the teaching hospitals for that period. Anyone has any clue where to search for lodging or who I should contact?

Thanks!

UBC also rents out it's residences during the summer on a per day basis:

http://www.housing.ubc.ca/summer/pacific_spirit.htm

Being on campus would make transportation to any of the teaching hospitals fairly easy. There's a shuttle that goes from UBC hospital to all of the other major hospitals. The buses to/from UBC are also very convenient if you need to get downtown, etc.

Vancouver General used to have a site on their website where students doing electives could find places to stay. You might want to check on their website; either google Van General Hospital, or Coastal Health Authority. St. Pauls Hospital used to rent out their old nursing residence for visiting students (they'll be part of the Coastal Health Authority). Also, you might just want to check at UBC and see if they have temporary lodgings...they are close to all the major sites (St Pauls, VGH, Childrens).

Archived