Premed 101 Forums

position on the waitlist

Alrighty... Had to ask this... :confused:

Does anyone know up to which position on the waitlist (OOP) would be a "safe" position?

According to the letter, on average 9-11 OOP ppl on the waitlist are successful. Last year, 16 ppl were successful (25 acceptances, I'm pretty sure).

I'd appreciate any information on this... Thanks!

Sounds like you already have all of the information you need. If they told you that 9-11 people from the waitlist get accepted each year, but you know of one year where 16 people were accepted, then my guess would be that lower than position 9 is fairly safe, lower than position 20 is possible depending on the year, and anything higher you have a distant chance, but should consider other plans.

Alrighty... Had to ask this... :confused:

Does anyone know up to which position on the waitlist (OOP) would be a "safe" position?

According to the letter, on average 9-11 OOP ppl on the waitlist are successful. Last year, 16 ppl were successful (25 acceptances, I'm pretty sure).

I'd appreciate any information on this... Thanks!

as the waitlist letter reads, it really is going to vary every year. i suppose all we can do is hope that everyone lower on the list does not have dal as their first choice and that they are accepted elsewhere.

Does anyone have any information as to what the lowest number of ppl on the waitlist were successful in the recent years?

hmm..i'm not sure. but again, the past can't really reflect the future perfectly. i did read on these forums that someone with #31 was accepted off the non-maritime waitlist, if that's any help.

Archived