Premed 101 Forums

We know there is not going to be any offers today - though we check.

I have been on this forum a couple times this morning and though there are never any new posts there are always 5 people viewing - by viewing, they are looking for somebody to say something that they do not already know. Something to get them excited...

i.e... after I phoned the admissions office today and they told me there were 589 interviewed and that there are 24 seats for OPP, I therefore, caculated my chances to be 1 in 2.34746 - that is with the increased quota of 256 seats. hmmmm. Mind you there has I to be at least 200 people that did not excel in the interview - hmmm - now my chances are more like 1 in 1.6573945... Not too bad...

In case you didnt pick it up - that is fiction. Other than looking for something to read - just say something - anything...

I am leaving work now. It is Friday. It is sunny. I have nothing left to accomplish at work today. Sooo. It is 2pm and Stanley Park pitch and putt is calling my name. My roommate, I, 2 52 degree wedges, 2 putters, and 6 beers are off in an attempt to get a sun burn.

So if you are looking for something interesting to read - you need to write it yourselves! If you are trying to pass the time give others something to read - Say something...

D

ps - this is my first thread.

ps2 - I wish you all the best of luck on Tuesday.

okay, I am totally guilty of checking the forum often, I'm not going to say how often but it is often. So here is a post for everyone else to read. When I first started surfing the forum I too was trying to figure out if I got in or not. But alas the answer is not here. Although it is comforting to read and read....

Today i got off night shift at 6:00am and drove home to be welcomed by my dog Harley. He is a Boarder Collie and when i arrive home he bears his front teeth to give me a full tooth smile while wagging his tail. I then slept for about 6 hours before getting up and going for a walk at a nearby lake. Today was a lovely day.

Actually, I don't know if it is better to reading a boring post or no post at all.

You be the judge after reading this snoozer.

Hmmm....well, I did not apply for meds this year, cause I am still a youngin' I just decided to post here, because I feel like typing and I want people to read what I have to...and maybe getting my post count numbers up may have play a little role in there. Lol. So yeah. I know this is gonna be the third forum I mentioned this in, but what is your favorite carebear? Dwarf? Drink? Do you prefer to sleep on your stomach or your back? Do you brush your teeth before or after breakfast? Lol. Wow, just to let you all know I am perfectly sane, I am just very curious and wanna fill time. So yeah, I hope my words were very comforting to you all, lol, and good luck with your applications and all.

Hmmm....well, I did not apply for meds this year, cause I am still a youngin' I just decided to post here, because I feel like typing and I want people to read what I have to...and maybe getting my post count numbers up may have play a little role in there. Lol. So yeah. I know this is gonna be the third forum I mentioned this in, but what is your favorite carebear? Dwarf? Drink? Do you prefer to sleep on your stomach or your back? Do you brush your teeth before or after breakfast? Lol. Wow, just to let you all know I am perfectly sane, I am just very curious and wanna fill time. So yeah, I hope my words were very comforting to you all, lol, and good luck with your applications and all.

Unkown user 7:

strangely you words are comforting, perhaps because we all need ANY kind of distraction now to get through this time.

I sleep on my right side from the time I go to bed (usually around 24:00) until 4:30, then I switch to sleeping on my stomach.... Since two days, I have started to brush my teeth before and after breakfast; before that time, I always brushed before breakfast until I have all these cavities...

do you have full-cream or half/half or skim milk with your coffee? how full do you pour your coffee cup? how much room do you leave for cream or milk?

H2O

You guys are clearly going crazy with the waiting. LOL. To answer some of your questions: I drink my coffee black, brush my teeth after breakfast, hate carebears (they are creepy)...but, not as creepy as those teletubbies were, I move around alot in my sleep (no particular order, sort of chaotic), and elbows only bend one way b/c they are hinge joints that probably evolved that way for a reason. I'm not sure what extra fun things I could do if they had more "degrees of freedom" in motion like the ball and socket joints...but, I think it would make push-ups more difficult unless they could somehow "lock". Hmmmm, it is an interesting thought. Perhaps in a few thousand years if global warming does not get us, some of the privelged will evolve elbows that allow them to do more things however, then I guess the wrist joint and finger and thumbs would have to modernize as well.

With all of your worrying, and waiting...don't forget to say "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY" to your mothers tomorrow.

hate carebears (they are creepy)...but, not as creepy as those teletubbies were

:eek: :eek: :eek:

HOW DARE YOU!!!!

Why do you hate them, does someone need cheerful bear to cheer them up? :D

Lol.

I aggree teletubbies give me nightmares, especially that po/poo however or what their name is. Lol. Hmm...I think I like my elbows the way they are right now, I agree with wanttobedoc that it would be hard doing push ups, even though I don't like push ups that much, unless I am showing off. Lol. Good thought though.

Unkown user 7:

strangely you words are comforting, perhaps because we all need ANY kind of distraction now to get through this time.

I sleep on my right side from the time I go to bed (usually around 24:00) until 4:30, then I switch to sleeping on my stomach.... Since two days, I have started to brush my teeth before and after breakfast; before that time, I always brushed before breakfast until I have all these cavities...

do you have full-cream or half/half or skim milk with your coffee? how full do you pour your coffee cup? how much room do you leave for cream or milk?

H2O

Thanks, lol. Does sleeping on your side hurt your shoulders? Cause I would say that I have broad shoulders but, still it hurts mine, even though sleeping on my side is more comfortable for me. I hate sleeping on my stomach sometimes cause I sometimes can't breath as well, and I don't snore, but apparently sleeping on your back will promote snoring. Lol. I don't like skimmed milk, being kinda lactose intolerate (even though not official) kinda makes things that way. Lol. I don't drink coffee, I'd probaly more than like drink tea. If I were to have coffee, I think I would prefer full-cream and lots of it.

Thanks, lol. Does sleeping on your side hurt your shoulders? Cause I would say that I have broad shoulders but, still it hurts mine, even though sleeping on my side is more comfortable for me. I hate sleeping on my stomach sometimes cause I sometimes can't breath as well, and I don't snore, but apparently sleeping on your back will promote snoring. Lol. I don't like skimmed milk, being kinda lactose intolerate (even though not official) kinda makes things that way. Lol. I don't drink coffee, I'd probaly more than like drink tea. If I were to have coffee, I think I would prefer full-cream and lots of it.

Hi Unkwn user,

fortunately/unfortunately I have padding.... so that sleeping on my side does not hurt my shoulders; maybe this is a man/woman issue. I like full-cream too. Sometimes, I wonder about whether I have cream in my coffee OR really some coffee in my CREAM .... I don't compromise the pleasure of eating good food, though I then have to add a few km longer in my running every day or second day.

later,

H2O

Thanks, lol. Does sleeping on your side hurt your shoulders? Cause I would say that I have broad shoulders but, still it hurts mine, even though sleeping on my side is more comfortable for me.

awwwww...u poor thing, u must be little more than skin & bones...:D:P

Does anyone else sleep and put their hand under their pillow? I always do this ... and apparently it's going to cause me problems later in life!

LOL

i do this sometimes!!

i should do it more often cuz now that i think about it, it's soooo comfyyyy like that :D

way to hijack the thread guys. how ethically immoral of us! lol

umm, well you reduce circulation to your hands and that may cause hand problems later in life lol... well that's what my mom's doc told her!

ah i see...then don't worry about it, cuz i think hand problems will be the least of ur problems by then :D:P jkjk

Does anyone else sleep and put their hand under their pillow? I always do this ... and apparently it's going to cause me problems later in life!

I do! Sometimes with one hand, other times with both hands interlocked with one another. Very comfy.

Physically or mentally (considering all that psychology sleep analysis stuff-"What does your sleep say about you?")

Archived