Premed 101 Forums

UBC Last 60 GPA calculation question

Hi:

I have a question for you guys. When UBC calculates my last 60 credits do they differentiate between courses taken in first semester versus those taken in the second semester. I will be a third year applicant this coming summer, and for my freshman year, I did very well in my 2nd semester but average in my first semester. Just want to know what you think. Thanks!

So do you mean this is what they'll do ( I hope): Take my second year credits, my summer course between 1st and 2nd year, and my highest grades from first year so that the sum is 60? I'm scared they will take only term 2 of first year. Thanks for your help!

I'm not too sure, but I think they go back by date...afterall, it's called LAST 60 credits, right?...so they'll start with your 2nd-yr credits, then courses you took in the summer before second year, then first year term 2, and finally probably the highest grades from first year term 1...

I talk to the admin. office about this some time back because it is relevant to my situation also. They told me that if they go back chronologically but if they need a few more credits from a block of credits (ie like your first semester) they will take the best mark.

Archived