Premed 101 Forums

People getting in with medically related work

MSAR looks at % of people who did volunteer/community service, medically related work, and research? Is medically related work not including volunteering at a hospital? the percentages for people getting in with medically related work seem really high, especially since around my area u can't get a job at hospital unless you got connections (Ie your dad is a doctor or a very close uncle)

I apologize to the moderators, there is the same post in the international forum, I posted it there by accident.

Medically related work would also include positions that are easy to come by, such as CNAs. They are DYING for them in the States. It's one of the more popular jobs among recent immigrants, as the education is cheap and takes little time, and the employment prospects are great.

What do you mean by "filled it up"? Are you talking about filling out AMCAS? Then yes, personal support worker could be described as "medically related work."

is it possible to attain easy medical employment even in canada as an undergrad student who doesn't have any 'connections'?

Archived