Premed 101 Forums

U of T essay - paragraphing?!

Guest JS

Hi everyone,

How do I put my essay in paragraphs on COMPASS? It doesn't seem to give me that option. I did a test run and it appears that after I click save, all the indentations and paragraphing formats are gone, leaving me with only 1 very long paragraph!! (Not cool)...

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks so much for everything.

JS

That is exactly the way it was last year. Just submit it the way it is. The formating is magically fixed somehow because when I actually went to my Toronto interview the interviewers had a printed out copy of my essay and it was double spaced and in paragraphs....so, don't worry. I know it looks awful the way it appears of Compass but it really isn't like that when the school sees it!

Thanks! I also realized that simply cutting and pasting from a word document messes up the paragraphs even more. (In order to enter another paragraph with indentations on the not-messed-up, not-1-long-paragraph copy, you have to actually do it by putting in space bars. However, this uses up characters!)

Cheers,

JS

Hi,

Sorry. I meant that you have to play around with the spacings after just cutting and pasting the text. (At least it seems like simply hitting enter after a paragraph messes up the format on the original copy. I think you have to manually put in the spaces between paragraphs.)

But don't quote me on this. I'm not totally sure!

JS

Archived