Premed 101 Forums

Sketch Categories

Guest Adamanda

Guest Adamanda

Hi Everyone

I am confused :rolleyes under what heading should I put First Aid, CPR and Coaching Certifications under....education or awards and accomplishments?

Guest peachy

There's probably some good threads that may be helpful if you look through the archives.

My take on this is that it's up to you for activities that are ambiguous. I tried to balance the categories out, so that I had a bunch of entries in each category. I doubt that it matters at all - they're not going to accept you or reject you because you classified "First Aid" as an award instead of an accomplishment, or whatever. :)

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

For those of you who wrote winning general sketches last year, under the category, "Research", did you place the title of your research in the space provided and assumed that the reader knew that you researched this, or did you opt to place a verb in front of each activity type (space permitting)? Compare:

1) "The role of cat meows in mouse behaviour"

vs.

2) "I am researching the role of cat meows in mouse behaviour"

I'm leaning towards the former, but I'm interested in hearing what our successful predecessors have done.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest tweep0

Hmmm,

I'm currently applying as well but all i put was: "Dr. Nick Riviera - Springfield Hospital" Do you think we should actually put the title of the project?

Tweep

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Have any of you used the "Other" sketch category for any of your 48 activities? If so, what sorts of activities would fit into "Other" but not "Extracurricular"? Just curious. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Lactic Folly

Hi Kirsteen,

I put that I was selected as a representative for my volunteer organization in "Other".. I also put first aid and CPR, but perhaps that's just padding- undecided about including it |I

Archived