Premed 101 Forums

October 15th Score Release Date

eng_dude786

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
after 5:00 pm.......:eek: I can't believe this is it.....today our fates get handed to us.

Don't panic. MCAT scores do not decide your fate. There are several professions other than becoming a physician. If I get in that will be great only because I love this profession. If subjective & not very well defined selection process denies me admission, I will probably end up getting into, not so interesting, but probably more rewarding (in terms of money for less stress & less work hours) career.:cool:

Sweet deal! I went up 9 points from my first attempt (my first MCAT kicked my butt)!

10-10-8-O

Would have been nice if that BS section was a 10 as well ;)

Not the stellar marks everyone else seems to post but I'm happy with it. Not a bad mark for an electrical engineer who has never taken a Bio or O-Chem course. :P

well... I did not receive great news.... 12VR, 11BS, 7 PS:eek: WS R...total is 30R.... PS was usually my best in practice scores... :confused: ... do i have to even release my mcat scores now.... to like western or can i just not do it...probably the latter eh....

ah well looks like ottawa and mac for me...don't even want to think about taking this test again

well... I did not receive great news.... 12VR, 11BS, 7 PS:eek: WS R...total is 30R.... PS was usually my best in practice scores... :confused: ... do i have to even release my mcat scores now.... to like western or can i just not do it...probably the latter eh....

ah well looks like ottawa and mac for me...don't even want to think about taking this test again

:eek: crazy. PS was my best practice score as well (between 12-15) and I also got a 7..................no idea what happened :confused:

The difficulty of the exam should not matter significantly due to the scaling of the scores within your cohort of writers (ie. if it was a difficult exam, then EVERYONE should have found it difficult).

However, it may be that the group of people writing the Sept. 15th exam were abnormally bright. Perhaps EVERYONE did well, therefore a normally superior score might have its value reduced by the effects of scaling.

Furthermore, many people taking review type prep. courses were finishing up their preparation at the end of the summer. The population of people writing the last sitting of the exam may have contained a large portion of these "keeners", thus changing the scaling of everyone's scores accordingly.

Yup, this one killed me too. All my sections went up from my 1st MCAT, except VR. WTF? I had an 11 last time and it went down to 8:eek: I have never scored below a 10 on all AAMC practices, and averaged about 12. I also did the the whole EK verbal 101 book and NEVER scored below 10... I am SHOCKED.

:eek: crazy. PS was my best practice score as well (between 12-15) and I also got a 7..................no idea what happened :confused:

yeah, this was the section for me where my timing ended up being much different than my practices... blast i do not want to do this test again....

Yeah, I think the fact that people had so much time to prep affected the curve. I'm looking at SDN and there seems to be a LOT of 5's and 6's from people who scored much higher on practices. I'm glad I wrote in April.:o

Same here, I'm quite glad I wrote in June. Seems like a lot of people spent the entire summer studying for the MCAT.

im thinking i might as well submit to toronto because they do sort of have a soft cut....although that could be for phd or masters students for all i know but my questions is....

do our mcat scores that go to omsas get released to all omsas schools (i.e even non mcat schools?)

I know eh!!!

I was like PS...pssshh..that should be easy. Didn't really spend that much time on it. I think it could be b/c we need to know first year physics/chemistry and by fourth year you pretty much forget the basics...lol.

as per the BS, the long complicated words and orgo passages killed me. I did 0 orgo.

Edit: Also engineers are HUGE on programmable calculators...so without calculators is a bit toughie...the knack for precision plays a role

Archived