Premed 101 Forums

2003 App

Guest slowpoke

Guest slowpoke

Hey, does anyone know when the Fall 2003 OMSAS app is coming out. The website says early July, which is frustratingly vague. Does anyone remember when the 2002 app came out last year?

thanks

slowpoke

Guest JSS02

It was either in the first or second week of July. Either way don't worry, you still have over 3 months before it's due. Though I would definitely try to get it done before the end of September if you want to avoid any server slowness. Good luck!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

They made some changes to the OMSAS site today, e.g., installed some new links to the grading conversion table and the 2003 med school requirements. I imagine the other two links (application booklet and COMPAS application) will be activated shortly.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest aneliz

Whenever it does come up, pounce on it. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! You will definitely regret it. While there are no bonus points for getting it in early, you definitely don't want to be watching the OMSAS server crash at 3 AM the day before the deadline when you have a midterm (or two or three) the next day! (Been there, done that....)

Good luck!

Kirsteen, are you applying again this year? Third time has got to be the charm! You so deserve to get in - I wish you all the best! :)

Guest Kirsteen

Hey aneliz,

Yep, I'm watching the OMSAS site for a reason... hopefully "third time lucky" factors in this time around.

Cheers and enjoy first year!

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

FYI guys, (just in case you haven't checked), the full OMSAS 2003 monty is now available on their website.

(Looks like UT has made their essay a wee bit more challenging to respond to within 8000 characters!)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hi Kristeen,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I am not applying this year but next year. I am just trying to gather as much info as I can so I know what I have to do. It looks like you have registered an account already.

Do you mind telling me (people?) more details about the essay questions?

Characters limit of each question for McMaster, Ottawa,

OMSAS autobiography sketch and I know Queens has 5 questions, however, they are not telling you on the OMSAS booklet, do you mind to reveal them and the characters limit?

Any info would be deeply appreciated!!

Guest TimmyMax

Hey BMW,

Why don't you just go to the OMSAS site, create an account and see firsthand what is required? The link is http://www.ouac.on.ca/omsas (if it hasn't changed since last year). That will eliminate the middle man and chances are that the application won't change much from this coming year to the year you apply yourself. Just a suggestion; I'm sure that Kirsteen and all the rest of the applicants (I have to rid myself of the "us applicants" I've grown so accustomed to using) don't mind answering your questions. :)

Best of luck!

Timmy

Hi TimmyMax,

I just don't want to put more work to the OMSAS server and not sure I can leave my registration open. Anyway, thank you for your suggestion. I believe you people will provide us accurate info.

Guest Kirsteen

Hey BMW,

I just happened to be looking at the Queen's submission area, so here you go:

1) Why do you wish to become a physician?

2) Explain in general how your development and previous experiences have contributed to your suitability to becoming a physician.

3) Expand on one area described in the autobiographic sketch that demonstrates your sensitivity to others and the ability to form team relationships.

4) Describe one experience from your background that shows your ability for self-directed learning.

5) Explain your reasons for choosing your references.

6) Optional Question: Provide any other information that would aid the Admissions Committee in assessing your application.

Each of the above can contain a maximum of 1500 characters.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived