Premed 101 Forums

Additional Seats

Guest Sumi23

Guest Sumi23

I am kinda confused as to what is going on with the extra seats being added this year to Ontario med schools. As far as i know there should be about 10 added to the 100 from last year at Queen's and 10 added to the 128 at Mac. However, I was told by both universities that the number of seats from last year hasn't changed. So are they still trying to figure out if they should add seats or not? If so, those of us on the waitlist might get some pleasant surprises during the summer. Let's hope so. Please post if anyone knows of what's happening with these schools and others. Thanks.

Guest PeterHill0501

Sumi23,

I have also heard rumour from current students at Ottawa U that they have heard faculty talking about additional spots being opened at U of O. Apparently, if it is true, these spots won't be confirmed until, at the earliest, mid summer and there is currently no confirmation from any official source of this rumour. My suspicion is that until official documents from wherever (e.g., the government?) are signed, sealed and delivered, no announcements or confirmation of said supposed seats will be available.

I've also heard mentioned that, in the past, when this has happened the adcoms have pulled people of the 'rejected' list to fill the spots...having received a "you're on the waitlist but unlikely to get an offer due to your ranking" letter...I hope this is true and that by some bizarre stroke of luck and opportunity, I get hauled off the 'bad' list...I'd be there in a flash...

Peter

Archived