Premed 101 Forums

November DAT aftermath

carving -ok, tougher than last year

bio - served me.

chem - alright, couple toughies

PAT - i always start w/angles cuz theyre usually the easiest. Not the case today! however, I got thru them and killllllled the rest of the PAT, finished w/15min to spare

RC - easy-peasy, the last piano article made my day since I've played it for 10 years

I was wondering if all students writing receive the same set of questions. Does the DAT start at 11ish for all you ON/Qc students?

the dat didnt start at 11 in the u of t dentistry school. they told us the reporting time would be at 8, they didnt open the doors till 8:05,, there was like over 350 people only in the u of t, so by they checked everyone it was like after 9:15. they were very unorganized.

carvinng: ok

biol: ok~ some tough/hard questions

chem: not too bad

PAT: i found the top/front/end was hard and some of the angles killed me

RC: BAD :( i was so tires by the time we got to the reading comp cuz i was so tired by the time we got to the rc.. i am just hoping for the best :(

Hey, guys

wondering, took the dat today. Guess we had the same dat test. Sounds all familiar. Does anyone know how they do it with the grading. I mean do they do it like the american dat scale base on how much you got right and then you get your score? All do they take the average of everyone and then based on that you get your score. How does the grading system work?

yeah, getting back to stillair's post... I had the same question.

some of the application fees are pretty steep, and I would just as soon save the money if I found out I didn't do so well on the DAT and won't get selected for an interview.

As s/he said though, most applications are due Dec. 1st & we won't get out DAT results till mid-Dec??

I wrote at the U of A in Edmonton for the first (and hopefully last) time on Nov. 3rd. I thought the carving was easy (I also finished with 10 min to spare). SNS was tough, but I'm not worried about it. The PAT was a lot easier than I was expecting (I finished in 45 min and had plenty of time to look over the toughies). RC was good, though the first article was more difficult than the rest. Overall, it felt quite good.

• 1 month later...
I wrote at the U of A in Edmonton for the first (and hopefully last) time on Nov. 3rd. I thought the carving was easy (I also finished with 10 min to spare). SNS was tough, but I'm not worried about it. The PAT was a lot easier than I was expecting (I finished in 45 min and had plenty of time to look over the toughies). RC was good, though the first article was more difficult than the rest. Overall, it felt quite good.

Wow! What did you do to practise?

• 2 months later...
Wow! What did you do to practise?

I used the practice PAT booklets from IG publications and did it about once every week for about a month before the DAT. I didn't practice the PAT nearly as much as I did for the carving, but I still managed to get a 24 and then a 26 on the carving. The nice thing about spacing your practice exams instead of doing them every day is that you forget most of the forms between testing and it feels as though you're writing the exam for the first time every week.

Archived