Premed 101 Forums

how much is the DAT worth?

Hi folks,

I wrote the DAT on Nov. 3/07. However, unlike most of you, I don't feel comfortable or satisfied with my performance on it (I know the results won't be out until mid-late December, but I have a bad gut feeling). I was so nervous/anxious that I blanked out during the science section. I know it wasn't that tough, but I just blanked :(

So, I'm wondering how much the DAT is worth at UofT compared to the GPA (mine is 3.90) and the interview? I've heard rumours that it's worth anywhere from 10-30%. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks

p.s. my congrats go out to everyone who felt like they did well :)

Hi folks,

I wrote the DAT on Nov. 3/07. However, unlike most of you, I don't feel comfortable or satisfied with my performance on it (I know the results won't be out until mid-late December, but I have a bad gut feeling). I was so nervous/anxious that I blanked out during the science section. I know it wasn't that tough, but I just blanked :(

So, I'm wondering how much the DAT is worth at UofT compared to the GPA (mine is 3.90) and the interview? I've heard rumours that it's worth anywhere from 10-30%. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks

p.s. my congrats go out to everyone who felt like they did well :)

Why are you thinking you didn't do well. Think positive and just believe you did well!:)

So, does anyone again know how they gonna score people from the over 300 people that took the test on saturday in toronto? I haven't quite figure it out , how the curving works? Anyone? Is the curving beneficial or more or less bad for us?

Why are you thinking you didn't do well. Think positive and just believe you did well!:)

So, does anyone again know how they gonna score people from the over 300 people that took the test on saturday in toronto? I haven't quite figure it out , how the curving works? Anyone? Is the curving beneficial or more or less bad for us?

i'm pretty sure that the test is curved with everyone that took it across canada and not just by test center... so the 300+ people in toronto will just get curved like everyone else that took the test.

it's on a standard curve, so the mean will be 15 and a standard deviation down or up from average will be 14 or 16, respectively, and two standard deviations down or up will be 13 or 17... etc.

Archived